View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

Great Day Musky Fishing. 
King of Spring

Post Great Day Musky Fishing.
After fishing Monday and Tuesday and not even moving a fish, I didn't hold much hope for today....but you just can't catch em from the house....actually I decided that if I didn't move any fish on one float, I was gonna switch up and fish for bass.....I motored up to a spot and less than 20 casts into the float, I hooked a musky....It hit a ton, and I thought it was bigger than what it was, but it ended up being a 40"er, estimating about 18-19lbs (bigger than any gobbler I picked up this year) and was a good fighter.....when I first glimpsed it in the water, I thought is 45+ish.....but I wasn't really disappointed, it was a good fish.......I fish for an hour or so, and moved 3 more, and went up the river.......started another float and hooked another, fought it and got it to the net....it ended up being 37" estimating about 14-15lbs....later in the evening, one that I located earlier decided to hit, but I didn't have it for over 2 seconds and it came loose......close to having a 3 fish day, but wasn't meant to be.....however, I'll take two fish days any day.......Nice change of pace compared to the slow start to the week. I was wearing the same hat that I was wearing when I killed the gobblers this year, so it's still gotta a little left in it. See ya'll on the water.

Fri May 23, 2008 11:30 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

now I do not profess to be a musky expert but is this not about as good as it can get for the muskie world i n the applachians? wow...would love to see soem pics of those fish...when I was a kid in the mountains growing up the locals called them "jacks"...

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 am
King of Spring

I don't know.......In the amount of time I've fished for em, I seem to fish all year for about 3 or 4 excellent days on the water......I've had several two fish days.........I've never had a 3 fish day..........my dad has had two 3 fish days......and I've heard of some guys having 4 and 5 fish days, but I look at them through glasses of skeptisism....a couple of years ago, a guy and myself boated 4 fish in about an hour and a half (I caught two and he caught two; that's the hottest action I've ever seen to date)

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 pm