View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 pm

Bass fishin time...Wacky worm style... 
King of Spring

Post Bass fishin time...Wacky worm style...
After eating almost all of my Turkey Tag Soup :lol: .guess its time to start chasin those big ole bass 2 or 3 times a week .been out 3 times so far..my buddy & I have done ok considering the unstable weather we have had, but I think it's about time for them to really start crankin up and doing a number on plastic worms fished Wacky Style...I am a firm believer in that method ...took me 3 trips last sping to change over to that style....could be because my fishin partner was puttin it on me with the Wacky Worm Rig.... :)

If you ain't yankin....u ain't crankin....

Sun May 18, 2008 1:46 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Glad to see someone posting in this section. I have been trying/wanting to go, but it seems like every Sunday has fowl weather. Hopefully, it will break soon so I can start chasing those smallies.

Sun May 18, 2008 6:25 pm
King of Spring

Criggster..good to hear from a fellow bass fisherman...i ususlly fish for largemouths here...but go to Maine for those big ole Smallies plus largemouths...they are a blast..especially on a fly rod..

Sun May 18, 2008 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

how is the wacky style of worm fishing done?also how to you rig this, if you don't mind sharing

Sun May 18, 2008 6:51 pm
King of Spring

Turkeyload6...I use a heavy worm...(case plastices)...and a slidder hook (built in weight)..hook it thru the middle with each side about even hangin down....just cast out and do a little pumpin action and let fall during the retrieve...the hook will be exposed..but it really doesnt't get hung up as much this way as one would think......goood luck...any more questions I will try to help..

Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Hater to heat about the tag soup but just like you I ready to do some fishing. I caught my firstm C-CLASS smallie 2 weeks ago 20.5" ande over 4lbs. I caught her on a x-rap jerk bait. The past weekend I caught my first Musky it was 17.5" that hit the x-rap also.

Wed May 21, 2008 5:39 pm
King of Spring

Henndup...they are really nice fish....same lure also....good deal..congrats...I have never fished for Muskey....

Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Caddis, if you want to catch some local smallies let me know. I mostly fish the New, and am always looking for company.

Wed May 21, 2008 8:28 pm
King of Spring

Criggster..thanks for the invite...just may take ya up on that in the future...I like catchin those smallies... :)

Sat May 24, 2008 6:49 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Yea fishing is the GIG now!!!!!!!!!!!!I had friend tell me about this little pond on this private track of land that nobody fishes, he takes care of the lawn for this lady and told me there are huge fish in it. Well I looked at and had my doughts. Went over there the first night and wore them out 27 bass in an hour and half on @" evenly broken Back 2" Rapala Minnow 3 fish around Five pounds one around six, I couldn't believe it. I've been to this pond now four times in the last week and caught 2 ea 7 pounders, 5 around six pounds and 8 five pounders. The last three times I've been free floating a pumpkin seed color sluggo over the weeds and they have been blasting it. And as usual I lost the big one I'm guessing 8 or 9 pounds, it broke me off in the Lilly Pads. As Soon as I can figure out how to down load the pictures off my son's phone I will post them. My two boys have each caught their biggest bass there this week both around five pounds on Jigs. This pond is maybe an acre but talking to the land owner no one has fished it in 15 years or so. I'm going to het a digital set of scales today because those old hand scales don't tell it all.

Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 pm
King of Spring

BB....man thats a good deal with that pond....I must say...you are walkin in tall cotton... :)

Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Yea I know, I told my boy's you can brag about the fish but please do not tell anyone where you caught them. Tell anyone it's due to National Security if you know what I mean. When I was growing up all the farm ponds used to be like that, but now no one will let you fish because people do not respect the land or the permission granted by the landowner. Here's the kicker no one has hunted it in about 20 years either and has a couple of nice wood lots on it. Just another little secret, stay tuned for the rest of the story come November.

Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 pm
King of Spring

Wow . . . you stumbled onto a gold mine there!

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Longbeard

Caddis it was a shocker to catch the musky I had been catching smallies. The jerk bait has slowed down the last couple of trips out. Jig-n-pig have been catching some heathy fish last few times out. Senkos and Flukes are starting to catch fish for me.
Heres a pic a 20.25 caught last week.

Beard buster i would keep that place under raps for sure.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 pm