View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

New River Musky from Today's Float 
King of Spring

great fish guys! brings back memories of my days back in WV on the New and Gauley.

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:15 pm
King of Spring

Dale and I floated a section of the James the other night. Saw three muskies but no hook-ups. My buddy floated a section above us the same night and had @ 30 incher break him off and had two other blow ups but didn't boat any. Dale caught some serious smallies. Here's one of the better ones.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:13 pm
King of Spring

This was my very first night fishing trip in a canoe on a river. I had been many times on a river in the dark in a canoe, but during waterfowl season where you had to stay focused on not turning over in frigid water. This was totally different. I had an absolute blast. While we were explicitly targeting muskie, we caught some pretty nice smallies along the way. The adventure offered by canoeing at night was very exciting. David forgot to mention the muskrat/beaver/otter that attached the boat! Thanks for letting me tag along BB.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm
Profile YIM