View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:09 pm

1st Musky of the year. 
King of Spring

Post 1st Musky of the year.
Musky season came in for me May 20......I have been fishing pretty hard and have moved alot of fish but couldn't get any to hook up....It all came together yesterday evening......I had a pretty nice fish follow me in 3 times pretty aggressively, so i decided to give him a few minutes to settle down and throw a different color at him......I fired the motor up and eased back up to where I had seen him and a threw a few times with no result....I figured I had spooked him, so I just decided to float it out, when I got to where I figured he wouldn't be, BAM.....he nailed it........Good fighter.........I wrestled him and unhooked him and measured him....then let him go.....he was 40" and probably weighed around 15lbs....hope I catch him again when he's 50" and weighs about 35lbs....as a side note, I had fished and hadn't wore my lucky fishing shirt yet this year, except when I killed my last gobbler this spring, turns out there's still some JU JU left in it.

Thu May 31, 2007 11:52 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

and thanks goodness you must have had the same sox and undies...hahaha..congrats...

Thu May 31, 2007 2:23 pm
King of Spring

Congrats on the 1st Muskie of the year. I've never caught one and haven't spent much time chasing them. Hope to change that maybe this summer.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:02 am
Profile YIM