View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:32 am

Does anybody trout fish 
2 Year Old

Post Does anybody trout fish
Does anybody trout fish either for stocked trout or natives? I do alot this time of yearand was wondering if anybody else did?

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:18 pm
King of Spring

RH, I do a little trout fishing, waiting on gobbler season. I fish Irish creek, south river mostly. My favorite place to fish is Jackson River ( Hidden Valley ) in Bath county, Dont get over there to often due to the long drive. It sure is a nice place to fish though. Trout fishing is a good way to pass time and be in the outdoors till spring turkey season starts. Ocasionally I fish the Maury and Mill creek in Goshen. Where do you do most of your trout fishing? I made a trip last weekend to Williamsville trout hatchery, took my wife along and we took some pics of the countryside, sure is nice out that way. We toured the hatchery, and talked to a couple that was fishing below the hatchery in the stocked area in the little creek. They have not stocked that for a while but each one had caught 4 trout at the time we talked to them. I spoke with the guy working at the hatchery, he said they have a couple of eagles over there this year, that are helping themselves to free trout out of the holding ponds. I stayed around for a while hoping to get a pic of the Eagles, but they never showed up. I also love to eat trout, there the only fresh water fish that I eat around here anymore. From all you here they are the only fish safe to eat out of most streams.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:58 am
2 Year Old

I fish irish creek and south river alot.I dont fish the maury at goshen much but i do fish the creek that dumps into it, the one that comes out of goshen WMA, it has native rainbows. I also fish lower pedlar every once in a while. I hunt panther mountain alot, so ifish the north fork of buffalo special regulation stream for natives, and several other little native streams around here close. I would a whole lot rather hunt, but trout fishing is a fun way to pass time :)

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:57 pm
Longbeard

I am a big fly fisherman, I love to fish Ramseys Draft, creeks in the SNP, and have caught a few on Mossy Creek. One of my favorite Native streams is Upper north river in Augusta Co. I am not much on the stocked trout, but I am not much on eating them. I like catch and Release but that is just me. This summer I plan to go to Alaska and do some salmon fishing, now that is some good eating guys.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:48 am
Jake

Being from Buena Vista, I grew up fishing Irish Creek, Pedlar (upper and lower), South River. Now I live in Augusta Co. and love to fish Upper part of North River. It's all brookies. I agree with you Econo, Hidden Valley and Rte. 623 on the Jackson River are awesome places to fish. Love to be outdoors and trout fishing definitely fills the void until spring.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:38 pm
Poult

Post trout fishing
I trout fish. I usually fish the Robinson, Rose and Hughes all in Madison county. I also travel to Page county to fish the Hawksbill and every once and a while i go to Warren county to fish Passage creek. These are all stocked by VGIF.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:59 pm
Jake

rh...yea like too fish for trout in the winter keeps all the dummies away when it's cold.......i like to fish jennings creek,middle creek and north creek but i also like going to cripple creek we have caught some big fish out of their.....my son caught 2 big 10lb rainbows last year but i also like to fish moomaw as well.i'm looking forward for this spring for turkey season and when the bass start spawning......good fishing

gen 1:28 and god blessed them and god said unto them,be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it : and have dominion over the fishof the sea and over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:31 pm