View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:12 am

Citation Trout 
Longbeard

Post Citation Trout
Well since this forum is a little slow i figured id post that toward the end of sep. i went fishing in wyth county on a private trout stream and fished all day and was blessed with a 23 inch 4 pound Rainbow Trout. In all my life i had never cought a citation fish and ive cought 2 this year. I cant wait to go back.........

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:48 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

i could be up tehre in a few hours if you need a cameraman or netman or anything.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:53 pm
King of Spring

That's a nice fish Reed. Only citation fish I've caught were a striped bass before the limit was raised to 20 lbs (mine was 15 lbs) and a 38 pound carp! When I was a boy, I caught a rock bass that I know weighed more than a pound, which would have been a citation, but I was just fishing and having fun doing it back then. I've stood next to two people during trout fishing opening day who landed citations, one brown and one rainbow.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:13 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

The stream is open to the public, its 35 dollars a person for the whole day. I said it was private but i meant its privatley owned but you have to call ahead and make reservations. If yall wanna get together and go sometime that would be great. Or if you wanna go yourself ill try to find the number and directions. THe people that run the hatchery out that way own the stream and stock it. The smallest trout caught all day was a 19 inch 2 1/2 pound rainbow. One guy that was there caught a 7 pound brown trout. Yall wanna go just let me know and maybe we could plan a vaturkey trout fishing day. I appreciate the congrats.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:49 am
Longbeard

This is a great place to fish and the good thing is it's only about seven miles from the house. if you get any one together that wants to go give me a call and i will be glad to assist. they also have what they call the small stream which they rent out to small groups for the day, this is great for a party of four to six, and i can personally guarn. several citations.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 pm