View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:30 am

Anybody Out There Fishing? 
Longbeard

Post Anybody Out There Fishing?
Where is everyone? I have been a few times on the New lately, and have to say that it is looking better than last year. I've caught about 20 bass and five catfish on the last three trips. Biggest bass was an 18" smallie and the largest cat was a channel about 10lbs.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:53 pm
Boss Gobbler

I'm planning on hitting the New on Saturday with my wife.

Went with Dale and his nephew the other weekend. We caught about 80 fish total floating from Whitethorne to Mcoy.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Albert, TScott and I had a blast, other than poking a hole in the jon boat. Also been to the lake with my son several times in the last few weeks. So much fun watching him catch sunfish and catfish.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Good deal! I have been targeting those cats lately, but have been catching some bass. Going next week for an all nighter. Get in touch and we'll try to wet a line. I usually have to go by myself, but it's a lot more fun if you have someone to fish with.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 pm
King of Spring

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:48 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Went on Friday morning between rain storms on the Little River. Caught a small largemouth and about 8 bluegills on ultralight tackle. Hoping to get out in the morning for a couple hours.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

I've been three times since I originally posted. I've caught 26 smallies and one flathead. Biggest smallie was an 18"er and the flathead was one of my biggest at 34" and about 20lbs. It's hard to believe that the summer is going fast and hunting season will be around the corner.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:14 pm
King of Spring

yeah, been doing some fishing.....quite a bit actually.....I had forgotten how much I liked to fish until I got a boat this summer......I've mostly been muskie fishing...I've only caught 5 this summer, the biggest being about 44" but that isn't too bad for just starting out.......dad is the muskie man, I'm just an understudy right now......I have caught a few catfish, and managed a citation bass this summer(21" smallie).....I got an invite to go striper fishing about a month ago and we really laced into em......I believe I could really get into this striper business if I had a set up......maybe after I'm finished with school.......keep your lines wet.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:14 pm