View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Topwater Striper Bite 
Longbeard

Post Topwater Striper Bite
My father and I were lucky enough to get an invite to fish on the "Bill Fisher" out of VA Beach on Saturday and we ended up having an incredible day. We started off fishing in the morning just south of Rudee and the first fish that we hooked was not only my first ocean striper, but it was also a 40lb 43" citation. The morning action was fast and furious and we had multiple hookups going every time we'd hit a school of fish.

Things seemed to cool off late morning and early afternoon, however, we had no idea what was in store for us. Around 4pm we headed out to the three mile line north of Rudee and got into fish big time. We had multiple hook ups going off again and lost track of the number of fish we were catching (we ended up estimating that we caught around 40 fish during the course of the day).

Just before dark, however, we suddenly had a school of stripers surface all around the boat and we proceeded to catch them up to 38 inches on TOPWATER... unbelievable!!!!!

My citation: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My dad and I:

The angler known as "Bill Fisher"

Bird diving:

Bill with a 38" fish caught on topwater:

John's topwater fish:

Charlie's topwater fish:

8 in the box (or should I say in the fish cart... :D )

Last edited by Shaggy on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:04 pm
King of Spring

That is awesome!! Fantastic trip and great pics. Your fish is an absolute monster. It should qualify for two citations! Congratulations. Would like to have seen a pic of the thumbs, though. Has the skin started to grow back yet? :D

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:44 pm
King of Spring

MAN, those are some great looking fish :!: Do they self inflate, or do you have to blow them up yourself :?: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:10 am
Boss Gobbler

Congrats man and awesome pictures! That looks like an incredible time!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:15 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Now that sounds like an awesome fishing trip. Been quite a few years since I've seen the stripers bust water in fresh water. Guess it's time to make a run for the coast.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:30 am
Profile YIM
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

good to see somebody catching them on something besides samll rainbow trout..... :>)............

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:44 am