View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

My New Bamboo Tube Call ***VIDEO ADDED*** 
Longbeard

Post My New Bamboo Tube Call ***VIDEO ADDED***
I come up with the idea of a tube call made from solid bamboo, Had a few people try them out last spring season and all were very happy with them. I had cut them out green and was thinking they may not hold up and crack but not one did they all worked fine. They will come with lanyard,O ring & extra 004 & 006 laytex and one 004 on the call. PRICE is $25.00 shipped.
call or text to 540-419-5257 or email wingboneman@gmail.com

Hope you like, lol Im not the best on a tube call. :-[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-uoYaMor0w

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:11 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: My New Bamboo Tube Call ***VIDEO ADDED***
Well Done Wingboneman ! That's a killer yelp ! :smt023

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:06 am
King of Spring

Nice Curtis, hope you can make it out more this fall. Looks like AP Hill is the place.

Earl

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 am
Longbeard

Greyghost wrote:
Nice Curtis, hope you can make it out more this fall. Looks like AP Hill is the place.

Earl

good luck trying to figure out how to get a pass for down there with the new stuff they got going on. the way they got it they can track every move you make. make one small miss step getting to your area to hunt your gone.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:49 pm
King of Spring

wingboneman wrote:
Greyghost wrote:

Earl

good luck trying to figure out how to get a pass for down there with the new stuff they got going on. the way they got it they can track every move you make. make one small miss step getting to your area to hunt your gone.

Not really, I use the Isportsman at a couple of other military bases and it is the hunters best friend. It is once you use it a very simple call in/out, change area etc. You must still use the most direct way to your hunting area. It will stop a lot of road hunters just driving around. Anyway I can get with you and go over the processes.

Earl

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:48 pm
Longbeard

Greyghost wrote:
wingboneman wrote:
Greyghost wrote:

Earl

Not really, I use the Isportsman at a couple of other military bases and it is the hunters best friend. It is once you use it a very simple call in/out, change area etc. You must still use the most direct way to your hunting area. It will stop a lot of road hunters just driving around. Anyway I can get with you and go over the processes.

Earl

getting the background thing done is the pain trying to figure out how to get it filled out is a big pain. they will lose a lot of poeple. no need to make things this hard to get a dam pass to hunt. I had two people look at it and both said they had no clue to figure out how to get the back ground check thing singed

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 pm
King of Spring

Earl[/quote]
good luck trying to figure out how to get a pass for down there with the new stuff they got going on. the way they got it they can track every move you make. make one small miss step getting to your area to hunt your gone.[/quote]

Earl[/quote]
getting the background thing done is the pain trying to figure out how to get it filled out is a big pain. they will lose a lot of poeple. no need to make things this hard to get a dam pass to hunt. I had two people look at it and both said they had no clue to figure out how to get the back ground check thing singed[/quote]

Yea the first time I seen it I thought, what? Then once I read through it. You can fill it out on line and print it off, sign it and take it down to the VCC, we have to go there anyway for the background check completion form. Or go to the certified-based signatures in the PDF file and choose the I Need To Sign and draw your signature in the box and e-mail it in. Also don't forget the Weapon Registration form and fill it out.
These forms have been used before but this way they get you too fill them all out prior to going there instead of them filling it out and using their time. Me since it is local I will fill it out, print it and then take it there. This part of the process is starting to be used by all Military bases. Quantico has not got there yet but this year we had a meeting with the Isportsman staff. A little pricy, maybe a couple more years down the road.

Again let me know and will help out. Hope your right about loosing some people, more room to hunt then. But from what feedback Ben has been getting folks seem to be liking the process especially the ease of checking in and out or transfering hunting areas during the day. But like all new systems and folks on both ends of it there, I am sure will be learning and functioning situations. But again, once learned and those that hunt military bases it is the hunters best process.

I will be taking my turkey dog pup down there next week to see how she acts.

Earl

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:34 am
Longbeard

(I will be taking my turkey dog pup down there next week to see how she acts.)

maybe you have but i would check with the game warden or ben on turning a dog loose down there on birds like back in the day. I was tooled it was not alowed anymore.you ask 10 people down there get 10 dif answers. got to wait tell season is in. mine needs to be taking out now. I may just sell him with the seasons so short hard to get one going.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm
King of Spring

wingboneman wrote:

maybe you have but i would check with the game warden or ben on turning a dog loose down there on birds like back in the day. I was tooled it was not alowed anymore.you ask 10 people down there get 10 dif answers. got to wait tell season is in. mine needs to be taking out now. I may just sell him with the seasons so short hard to get one going.

Thanks for the heads up I will check Friday when I am down there. Their regulations this year state that training of dogs is allowed from 1 Sept. through 31 March.

Earl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:54 am
Longbeard

Tube call sold. I have more but this one was sold.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:47 pm
Longbeard

Greyghost wrote:
wingboneman wrote:

Thanks for the heads up I will check Friday when I am down there. Their regulations this year state that training of dogs is allowed from 1 Sept. through 31 March.

Earl

f. Training Hunting Dogs. The training of hunting dogs is prohibited on FAPH.
stright from the regs, but what was you told friday?

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:24 pm
King of Spring

wingboneman wrote:
Greyghost wrote:
wingboneman wrote:

Earl

stright from the regs, but what was you told friday?[/quote

One person said yes the other no. Last year it was allowed and in their regs. This year the regs just came out for the 2014-2015 season and your right in line item f. So Monday I am going too see Ben and make an appointment to see the base commander. Why all of the sudden have they stopped training of dogs for small game and non-migrotory birds.

Hopefully they will listen to reason. Fort Campbell 10 years ago did not allow the use of dogs except for upland birds but after talking with the base commander Frank Cox and a couple others got the use of turkey dogs permitted for training and hunting even though it was in their regs. not to.

Earl

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 am
Longbeard

quote="wingboneman"](I will be taking my turkey dog pup down there next week to see how she acts.)

maybe you have but i would check with the game warden or ben on turning a dog loose down there on birds like back in the day. I was tooled it was not alowed anymore.you ask 10 people down there get 10 dif answers. got to wait tell season is in. mine needs to be taking out now. I may just sell him with the seasons so short hard to get one going.[/quote]

Earl[/quote][/quote]
stright from the regs, but what was you told friday?[/quote

One person said yes the other no. Last year it was allowed and in their regs. This year the regs just came out for the 2014-2015 season and your right in line item f. So Monday I am going too see Ben and make an appointment to see the base commander. Why all of the sudden have they stopped training of dogs for small game and non-migrotory birds.

Hopefully they will listen to reason. Fort Campbell 10 years ago did not allow the use of dogs except for upland birds but after talking with the base commander Frank Cox and a couple others got the use of turkey dogs permitted for training and hunting even though it was in their regs. not to.

Earl[/quote]
dont think you will get anyplace, may hurt your self, they could go back like it was a few years ago, NO DOGS at all on the base.I stoped and sold the dogs i had then. I have talked to a lot of people there over the years and most dont want hunting on the base at all, and that is a fact.they dont need the hunters to keep the deer down. they proved that one time. I dont deer hunt like you just turkey hunt. deer hunters dont like use in there with dogs. The turkey dogs i had it took a 1000 ac to turn one loose in,not a close rangeing dog. that is only reason i still put up with the trouble to go down there. have no big place to hunt a dog.
on them not wanting people to hunt.last year my friend stoped at the VCC to fill out the paper work for the back ground check,lady said its not working comeback tomorrow...he did and got same story.so he called greentops and asked his friend was the state police thing working,it was. he went back in the VCC and confrounted the lady she said it just came back up.Bull crap!! it was working all along.he was not the only person it happed to..so what does that tell you..

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 am
King of Spring

Earl[/quote]
dont think you will get anyplace, may hurt your self, they could go back like it was a few years ago, NO DOGS at all on the base.I stoped and sold the dogs i had then. I have talked to a lot of people there over the years and most dont want hunting on the base at all, and that is a fact.they dont need the hunters to keep the deer down. they proved that one time. I dont deer hunt like you just turkey hunt. deer hunters dont like use in there with dogs. The turkey dogs i had it took a 1000 ac to turn one loose in,not a close rangeing dog. that is only reason i still put up with the trouble to go down there. have no big place to hunt a dog.
on them not wanting people to hunt.last year my friend stoped at the VCC to fill out the paper work for the back ground check,lady said its not working comeback tomorrow...he did and got same story.so he called greentops and asked his friend was the state police thing working,it was. he went back in the VCC and confrounted the lady she said it just came back up.Bull crap!! it was working all along.he was not the only person it happed to..so what does that tell you..[/quote]

Well it won't be the first time I hurt myself. As long as they allow other dog hunting on base, I will fight for the turkey dog hunting. I will find out more Monday on the dog training change and why, but I think you said it about the deer hunters and as a fellow turkey dog hunter I know where you are coming from. I have been lucky over the years hunting military bases and with some of the best hunting around. I know a couple folks like your friend that seem to get the run around. Again I have been lucky and no problems with AP Hill and the usual "good old boy network" but over the years they get to the point where it is stopped once certain folks make higher ups aware of the situation and point out some Army, Navy, Marine Corps orders and what the bases are a part of. If I hear of someone getting the run a round I will take it to the Chief of Staff in a heart beat. If you give me your friends name (again I hear stories like that and it burns me) I will bring it to the attention of the CO, but of course the lady no longer works there and was taken over by the military last year. But examples are needed to fix a situation.

I know Ben the head biologist there and he is for quality hunting for everyone. But again on military bases folks hands are tied as far as what can and can't be done, due to training which is first and for-most, but also the budget situation on each base. I am surprised that AP Hill got the ISportsman as small as it is when most of the other bases that have it are 3-10 times the size in area/training and budget. But again using it before it is a great system for all, especially the hunter. It will take a couple times for most to get used to it and if any bugs to be worked out.

The key is to have a good relationship between Natural Resources and the base commander. That is a key to having a good hunting program on bases for all tax payers.

If you would like to ride along I can swing by and pick you up.

Earl

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:36 pm
King of Spring

Curtis, all done checking in at the Hill. Good news about dogs will contact you about that. But all is good. Ben said he emailed you back about the process.

Earl

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 am