View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am

20 Gauge Youth Turkey gun 
King of Spring

Post 20 Gauge Youth Turkey gun
For your viewing pleasure is a gun I set up to hunt turkey's in my home state of Virginia. Its a youth model Charles Daly Walmart only model with factory camo (realtree hardwoods) forend and buttstock with matte finish barrel and receiver. Details are the gun has a 22" long barrel and a length of pull of 12.5". It is indeed chambered for 3" shells and weighs 5.5 pounds. Includes swivels and sling. In addition to everything else it has Tru-glo magnum dot sights as well as an Indian Creek choke tube in .555 constriction. It was/is sighted in with Nitro Ray's Custom shot size 7 hevi-shot loads. I was averaging 175 hits in a 10" circle at 40 yards with the gun. For me I added a slip on 1" recoil pad made by Limbsaver to make the LOP 13.5". That pad is also included.

Reason I'm selling is I had an older Browning B-80 with a 2 3/4" 26" barrel and located a 24" factory 3" barrel last year (both barrels are invector choked). Locating that extra barrel made this gun extraneous to my needs.

Pictures are attached. The gun is 99.9%. Has been fired about 20 times. Within state I can send it directly to you and don't need and FFL. Guess that's it.

BTW, this gun takes Remington Choke tubes, so you can add and replace the Indian Creek choke tube if you wish. Great for a kid and great for an adult. Might I add these are no longer made and scarce to begin with. Price for the package delivered $295 (via UPS or USPS (or you can pick it up yourself in Northern Virginia)). Price out all the different things I'm throwing in ($64.00 choke tube, sling, sights and slip on recoil pad) and you'll see this is indeed a deal. PS. The different color finish on the matte barrel is from where I rubbed some Remington oil on the gun and its on part of the barrel and not on the other. It isn't a problem with the blueing. Any questions fire away. If you need different pics I'll post some. Regards, Tom

Here's a few pictures.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:22 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: 20 Gauge Youth Turkey gun
Tut,

I am interested in the gun. Have an 8 year old and he has a .410 but I don't think they will allow that for turkey hunting on post. Maryland has no rules against it but Military posts are their own game.

Anyway, where do you mean in northern VA? I am on assignment in Arlington. How far is that from you?

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am
King of Spring

Hey Vic. I live in Hamilton, Va (right outside Leesburg) if that helps. I'm often off work (semi-retired) so your welcome to come by and take a look first hand. Direct email is ahfox20@googlemail.com Also send you an PM with additional info.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 pm
King of Spring

Sold.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm