View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Turkey Dog Wanted 
King of Spring

Post Turkey Dog Wanted
I'm looking for a good turkey dog on the small-ish size. It will be an indoor dog most of the time and will likely get more love than most 4-legged critters on the planet. I've looked at the Boykin Spaniel, a breed from South Carolina, because of their small size and turkey hunting roots. But, I'm not limiting myself just yet.

I'm putting in a new lawn and fence, so I won't be ready to bring the pup home until later in the summer when the grass-to-mud ratio has improved a little bit!! And, I certainly don't want to bring a hunting dog home without a safe yard for him to blow off some steam. I'm willing to wait for a litter from great parents. Sex of the pup is not too important, although I am leaning a bit more toward a male. I'd like a puppy, but would consider a good house-broken adult dog. (Adult dog "accidents" have much more impact than a puppy's!!)

Please PM me with details or if you have some contact info of a good breeder. Thanks!!

Mon May 08, 2006 11:44 am