View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

I had a very blessed 2015 Va Rifle season in the Mountains 
2 Year Old

Post I had a very blessed 2015 Va Rifle season in the Mountains
God blessed with great rifle season the western Alleghany Mountains.

I got this 136" 11 point on the opening evening of rifle season. I was on foot sneak hunting slipping along around a old logging road the runs around the side of the mountain just under the top of the mountain a couple hundred yards. I caught him in the bottom of the hollar. He was below me about 90 yards. He had no idea I was there. He was angle sharply away and looking down the mountain. I had to put the bullet just in front of his ham so the bucket would pass through his vitals at the right angle. I grabbed a rest of my knee and made the shot. The 140 grain Nolser BT found its marked. He bowed up and ran about 30 yards and crashed. What great way to start the opening day of rifle season a take edge off.

Then on Monday of the second week of season I killed this very mature old mountain 8 point. I was sitting on a stand where two rock batters funnel the deer. He was with a doe. I didn't see them come into view and until I shot I didn't know he had a doe. He had the mountain tore all to pieces. Scraps and rubs everywhere and his hawks were soaking black and stuck to high heaven. I shot him around 100-120 yards through the brush on the next ridge. The bullet found its mark right tight behind his shoulders exploding both the heart and lungs.

After already killing a good 11 pt on opening day and then a few days later killing the nice 8 pt I got kind of emotional up on the mountain after tagging out on the 8pt. I thought to myself. Why has God blesses me like this. Everyday I sin and a fail God. Everyday I fail him yet he choose to bless me like this. That day on the mountain staring at the 8pt after I had gutted him and took and few pictures before I started to drag him I became even closer with God. He gave me the opportunities and I made the best of them.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 am
2 Year Old

Post Re: I had a very blessed 2015 Va Rifle season in the Mountai
God is good! Nice Harvest!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 am
King of Spring

Beautiful deer. Great season, congratulations.

Earl

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:40 am
King of Spring

Congrats! Both public land bucks I presume?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:39 am