View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

the only good kind of one of these! 
King of Spring

Post the only good kind of one of these!

It's been a tough deer season so far for seeing deer. I had just texted a buddy of mine telling him that my favorite hunting spot seemed to be "all dried up! " I haven't seen a deer or sign of deer all year there. Not 20 minutes I hear something moving fast behind me then almost a blur running down the Ridge a blackish tan coyote comes busting out behind my ground blind. Before I could get my gun up he was gone. I tried to make a "mouse " sound with my lips to coax him back in, he did stop way out of range for a second but that was that. A few quick moments went by as I was soaking in what I just saw, and I hear something else behind my ground blind. All of a sudden a second coyote appears but is angling my way and not in as quick of a hurry. I already had my gun up and was able to swing over to this coyote and squeezed the trigger. At 15 steps the yote dropped and I heard another one takeoff behind me. I caught a glimpse of that one but that was it. I am glad I was able to take this big female coyote off of my property and hopefully her friends will remember that gunshot! Maybe the deer will start rolling through again soon!

Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:14 pm