View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

tree stand comfort??? 
King of Spring

Post tree stand comfort???
How in the world can anybody sit in a tree stand comfortably for several hours at a time? This is my first year tree stand hunting and while I enjoy the scenic views perched up in the tree, it HURTS! I've got a padded(probably not the best) seat to sit on but I find myself being very restless because of my back and backside sore after a couple hours! SO, what do you guys do for comfort!?!

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:14 pm
Jake

Post Re: tree stand comfort???
Stand! I am serious, I stand for 45 minutes than sit for 5 and can stay in a small stand all day. What also helps me is if the seat is set higher so it closer to standing....I know people that swear by the Tree Lounge!

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:31 pm
Boss Gobbler

Find a really comfortable chair and put it in here... :lol:

Attachment:
Sanctuary.jpg
Sanctuary.jpg [ 58.96 KiB | Viewed 3417 times ]

or here...

Attachment:
EasyBake.jpg
EasyBake.jpg [ 277.99 KiB | Viewed 3417 times ]

or here...

Attachment:
DSCF1969.JPG
DSCF1969.JPG [ 340.09 KiB | Viewed 3417 times ]

or here...

Attachment:
StumpHill.JPG
StumpHill.JPG [ 155.14 KiB | Viewed 3417 times ]

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

nripepi wrote:
Stand! I am serious, I stand for 45 minutes than sit for 5 and can stay in a small stand all day. What also helps me is if the seat is set higher so it closer to standing....I know people that swear by the Tree Lounge!

I agree. I stand more than I sit, i have runners knee and when it's bent for long periods of time it hurts. What Freddy suggested is good to if you have property you can do that on.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:38 am
Boss Gobbler

All joking aside, as I've gotten older it really is more about the enjoyment than it is about the killing. In my younger days I would sit in a little stand with an uncomfortable seat for the entire day just to try and kill a nice buck. Now, I would rather enjoy my hours on stand and maybe have a chance at a nice deer. We've built these blinds around my farm and it's really nice when it's really cold, raining, windy, etc. More importantly, we've build these blinds with room for two so it's nice to take the kids and also nice just to sit in the blind with a friend and catch up on life while enjoying the time spent out there.

It doesn't hurt that we kill some nice deer on occasion either... :)

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:19 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Freddy!! NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!! and...... absolute GENIUS!!!! lol! it may be something to consider in the years to come because of the age factor and even more so the bringing my boy factor, which by the way I can't wait to be able to do! so with the jokes in there! not a bad idea at all!!! and it does look comfy! all you need is a wood stove or a propane heater and you're set!!! I may have to give the standing idea a try! I'm a little leary of standing up for a long time (fear of heights factor), but I will probably stand more often just to stretch out a little more!

thanks guys!

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:33 pm
Boss Gobbler

Ricky...

Like this?? :lol:

They are all equipped with a Buddy Heater and supply of propane.

Attachment:
heaterandcocoa.jpg
heaterandcocoa.jpg [ 73.51 KiB | Viewed 3337 times ]

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

For those that don't have a prime spot for the new Hilton (very nice Freddy) I recommend the Mellinnium Treestand series. Very comfy. Also, M-25 is on deep sale at Rogers SG right now for $69.99 (mine was about $83 with shipping and taxes) https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/tre ... stand.html

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 am
Boss Gobbler

The 2 lock-on stands I use for bow hunting are Millenniums... can't be beat for comfort in a lock-on IMHO.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:44 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Yep! Pretty much!!!! That's AWESOME! ! ROFL!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:57 pm
King of Spring

There are some pretty comfy Lock-ons and ladder stands out there .. if you are using a climber then that is probably why you are so uncomfortable. I haven't found one yet that is as comfortable as a good lock on or ladder .. and I had the Tree Lounge at one time .. it was the most comfortable climber I ever owned, but it was just too heavy to carry..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:40 am
Longbeard

I use a summit viper and it is more comfortable than any other stand I've been in!!!! Especially when you add the foot rest to it.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm
Longbeard

Here is some good anecdotal advice:

I've got a ladder stand on the property I can hunt that doesn't have a seat built into it. I used rope and a piece of 1/2" ply (pressure treated, I believe) to tie a seat to the side bars. Two years later (this season) I had my buddy sitting in that stand. He was just sitting there and, all of a sudden, the plywood breaks in half and he goes hands in the air straight down onto the platform. Wasn't hurt but he was laughing his head off.

Moral of the story: Its not that comfortable when your seat breaks and you have to stand the rest of the hunt.

Hope the stands have been treating your buns better!

Best,
Royce

Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:23 pm