View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

2014 was slow, but successful none the less..... 
Poult

Post 2014 was slow, but successful none the less.....
I've been reading all of your posts for a while now, but haven't been active in posting my own. Well I felt like after the season I had it was time. It's been slow for me this year. I've seen 7 deer total while on stand this season. I'm used to seeing that in a day most years. Not sure exactly the reason for it, but it's really tested me mentally. I got the buck pictured on top the opening day of muzzleloader. I thought I was going to roll after early season success. But then it was like the deer just vanished. For the rest of the month of November, I saw one doe, one spike, and one 4 point. I was ready to call it a season after not seeing anything on stand in the month of December, but I decided to suck it up for one more sit on December 20th. An hour and a half after daylight the second buck pictured showed up. I was fortunate to place a shot well enough to harvest him. He's no giant, but every time I look at him, he'll remind me that with persistance comes reward. So if you ever find yourself thinking like I did, that you'll put the gun back in the safe before it's time, just remind yourself to suck it up for one more sit. You never know what might happen. Thanks for listening to me babble and thanks to all you guys for taking time to show off your trophies to the rest of us. I love seeing hunters have success and hearing the stories that come with the trophies. Keep them coming! Best of luck the rest of the way!

Tony

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:29 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: 2014 was slow, but successful none the less.....
welcome aboard buddy! you'll check this site even more now! ;) awesome bucks by the way! and way to hang in there to fill that second tag! I was out there that same morning, it was not an easy morning to get up and get out to the cold tree stand!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:07 pm
King of Spring

Nice buck! Welcome and Merry Christmas!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm
King of Spring

Congratulations, 2 nice deer. Persistence pays but can at times seem torture. Well done.

Earl

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:29 pm