View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:28 am

sunday hunting bill was passed today... 
King of Spring

Post sunday hunting bill was passed today...
it went thru today fellas.....

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Post Re: sunday hunting bill was passed today...
So its a done deal?

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:38 pm
King of Spring

yes sir, its a done deal for now.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

I know that there are a number of folks for and against this change, but I think its a good thing. It gives folks the opportunity to go if they choose. I would have loved the extra day in the woods. I'm moving to TX this summer but if i were staying in VA I would be in a tree the first Sunday of the season just out of principal. Its a good day for Virginia outdoorsmen, lets just hope it get signed by the governor soon!

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:59 pm
King of Spring

Governor said he will sign it..

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:52 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

So it should go into effect July 1 right?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 am
King of Spring

Beginning of end for hunting as we all grew up with. I know the majority of folk are happy. I'm not and I'm not going to be shy about it. The liberal direction this country has taken since the idoit in Washington moved in is sickening. Now our state has followed the path. Our now Governor, a non- Virginian is just as bad as the clown in DC. I'm
sure this news will only be compounded with our state ruling same sex marriage is ok. Change...isn't it wonderful.

Last edited by vabirdhunter on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm
King of Spring

vabirdhunter wrote:
Beginning of end for hunting as we all gpoo poorew up with. I know the majority of folk are happy. I'm not and I'm not going to be shy about it. The liberal direction this country has taken since the idoit in Washington moved in is sickening. Now our state has followed the path. Our now Governor, a non- Virginian is just as bad as the clown in DC. I'm
sure this news will only be compounded with our state ruling same sex marriage is ok. Change...isn't it wonderful.

You don't have to change one bit....just don't hunt on Sunday. And every other state that has hunting on Sunday is "liberal"? It seems more nanny-state minded to dictate how other people spend their leisure time.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

AS an out of state hunter, this makes me happy. I now get that much more time for my money. This fight for Sunday hunting has been fought longer than the President and his ilk have been in office.

It is now a personal choice for each hunter and or landowner. As it should be.

I have always found it ironic when I would meet people that were dead set against changing the law in Virginia but would travel out of state and hunt on Sundays where it is legal.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 am
King of Spring

Neill, you are correct I don’t have to; I wish I could put my finger on it, to why I am against it. I have always been this way; I don’t like anything to do with change. Because I’m sure some how this will turn into a mud pie , people fighting , land owners getting upset for one reason or another and sooner than later a black eye will be on hunting. Especially the way this state has turned in the past few years. PETA, Humane Society and the list of other liberal animal rights groups are just waiting for the right moment to jump in and drag their liberal ass politician to the fight.
Don’t think it can happen, just look at the gay marriage movement today. The people of Virginia spoke with their votes several years ago and it was signed. Same sex marriage in Virginia will not be recognize as a legal contract, yet today we are looking at that action possibly being turned over. We the people spoke and it still does not matter. So don’t think for a minute that this Sunday Hunting will raise some liberal eye brows. Just another fight they want to win.
I tell you another issue that this will affect is marriages, because like everything else some people don’t know their limits. I have friends right now that are having marital problems because they don’t know their limitations. They will leave work and go straight to the fields and come home after dark, because it’s an addiction. That being said, every man and women are responsible for their own actions. Adding one more day to the mix is just what a struggling family needs. Who really suffers….the children will.
Neill I’m not looking to fight with anyone, and I won’t respond to someone subjecting I have Sunday hunted in other states because I have not. I just feel strongly that change can be as much a negative thing as some think it a positive thing. I may be wrong…most of the time I am according to my wife.
I will be honest and state I will continue to fight this with letters, phone call and office visit. More than likely to no prevail.
Hope nobody on here labels me trouble, because I’m not I’m just set in my ways.
All have a blessed day

Tim

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 pm
Longbeard

Sorry if you thought I was talking about you. I was not. The first one that came to mind was Mike Hanback. Writer for Field and Stream and a Virginia resident. Met him at a hunting show and asked him point blank about his stance on Sunday hunting. Said he was dead set against it. I know he travels to hunt and has been on a lot of hunting shows. He said yes, he hunts on Sunday when he travels out of state. I think it is shame that someone that has the money and time to travel and hunt on Sunday wants to keep people that maybe cannot afford hunting out of state. Or maybe the guy that works 6 days a week.

I am tickled about this and cannot wait to hunt that first Sunday!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm
King of Spring

RONnTN wrote:
Or maybe the guy that works 6 days a week.

I am tickled about this and cannot wait to hunt that first Sunday!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Ron, I wasn't sure. But I do appreciate you clearing the air. I'm a fan of Hanbark, as far as him Sunday hunting...I don't really have a comment, but I do understand your stance. I am on edge lately and I may be coming cross to many as an idiot that's trying to stop their hunting. It's just all the change at once. It's like a tidal wave of everything I'm against. I guess this world I'm in isn't meant for me any longer. After seeing the ruling last night.....it's time to find another place.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 pm
Poult

vabirdhunter, you're not the only one who feels that way. Keep the faith.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:18 am