View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:39 am

What's your favorite hang on stand? 
King of Spring

Post What's your favorite hang on stand?
Although in a lot of ways I prefer a big comfortable ladder stand, I am usually putting up and taking down alone, and it's just easier to do that with a hang on. Which ones do you like the best?

I have a summit raptor with the cushion seat....just OK. That platforms not huge, it's comfrtable enough and quiet, but doesn't level very well with the cable adjustments like it's supposed to.

Anybody tried the milleniums?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: What's your favorite hang on stand?
I have always gone with the big game climbers, but this season i broke down an bought the summit titan hd which is supposed to be rated for 350 lbs which i like (considering i'm pushing 265 with gear an gun more than likely over 300) so with that from what i've seen it's got the biggest platform an seat of any climber i've sat in.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:40 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

I have a couple Millenium hang ons that I use with climbing sticks. Easy up, easy down and very comfortable. I've been aiming to add a footrest to the stands, just because I like getting my feet up sometime. Only complaint is they can be a little hard to get in because of the width of the seat. I'm pretty agile in the tree and depending on how the tree and everything sets up it can be a bit of a monkey job to get around and in the stand. All in all I'm happy with them and they are the most comfortable stand I've ever hunted from.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

When I first got started I bought the cheap small hand on stands. I have now realized that comfort is very important to stay still on a stand. Now I go with bigger and more comfortable hand ons. That would be my advice no matter what brand. A big platform can give you room to maneuver when bowhunting which is important to me also

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:46 pm
Boss Gobbler

Ditto Freddy, the Millenium is great. Comfort. Also you can get an extra receiver and hang it in another tree, the stand then slips in and out of that to be moved if needed.
I still love my OL Man climber though it is really comfortable.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm
King of Spring

Thanks for the feedback. I got a millenium and hung it today....definately feels like a cadilllac...very comfortable and lots of room.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Were you able to find the Millennium at a store in VA, or did you order online? I'm thinking of getting one or two M-100's with the chain bracket. 25 year old uncomfortable Screaming Eagle hang-ons with 10" X 6" plywood seats need to be phased out!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm
King of Spring

I looked around online and found what I wanted on ebay with free shipping. Got to me in 2 days. Can't beat that.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 pm
Profile WWW