View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:32 pm

How do yall feel about this 
King of Spring

Post How do yall feel about this
I'm at the fire station tonight, and Im checking out some youtude ...I am on down time haha. I come across these old boys hunting in Ohio at a place called WHITETAILS OF OHIO. I watch some fella shoot this monster of a deer and as he is acting all excited about the kill I notice a doe stand behind him and the camera cuts away to the hunters again. then as he is show out his prize I notice a perfect hole in the deers ears...Tag hole!!. I was luck you have to be kidding me. This dude shoot a tame deer and acted like he had really done something. Sad , just just pain sad to me that this is allowed. How do yall feel, Im I wrong here?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: How do yall feel about this
I guess it all depends on how small the fenced in area is that he was hunting. I have no problem with people hunting in a fenced in area that's several thousand acres where the animal still has a chance. That's exactly what anyone that hunts at the Radford Arsenal is doing and I have hopes of getting drawn for that hunt in the near future. However, if he's hunting in a 50 acre (or smaller) deer pen, that's where I can't really see it as sporting. To each his own...

Ryan

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm
King of Spring

Ryan, thats true, but it was almost like the deer saw him and started coming his where, I truely believe these deer are hand raised. Believe me with all the debating about types of hunting , I know people have the right to buy what ever hunt they like, heck, I hope to be able one day to go on a booked hunt, but I want it to be as wild as I hunt in Va.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm
Boss Gobbler

HokieGobbler wrote:
I guess it all depends on how small the fenced in area is that he was hunting. I have no problem with people hunting in a fenced in area that's several thousand acres where the animal still has a chance. That's exactly what anyone that hunts at the Radford Arsenal is doing and I have hopes of getting drawn for that hunt in the near future. However, if he's hunting in a 50 acre (or smaller) deer pen, that's where I can't really see it as sporting. To each his own...

Having worked at the Arsenal I have seen deer come and go over the fence in a certain spot :mrgreen: I didn't believe it though until I saw it with my own eyes

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

vabirdhunter wrote:
I'm at the fire station tonight, and Im checking out some youtude ...I am on down time haha. I come across these old boys hunting in Ohio at a place called WHITETAILS OF OHIO. I watch some fella shoot this monster of a deer and as he is acting all excited about the kill I notice a doe stand behind him and the camera cuts away to the hunters again. then as he is show out his prize I notice a perfect hole in the deers ears...Tag hole!!. I was luck you have to be kidding me. This dude shoot a tame deer and acted like he had really done something. Sad , just just pain sad to me that this is allowed. How do yall feel, Im I wrong here?

I can not stand the high fenced, farmed whitetail hunts. Caged hunting IMO.

I see it completely different then the Arsenal. Those deer are not tame, nor are they bred. Plus like I told Ryan I have seen them come and go in certain spots.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

TScottW99 wrote:
vabirdhunter wrote:

I can not stand the high fenced, farmed whitetail hunts. Caged hunting IMO.

I see it completely different then the Arsenal. Those deer are not tame, nor are they bred. Plus like I told Ryan I have seen them come and go in certain spots.

Yep, the arsenal is fenced for security purposes, not to farm deer. Completely different imo.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Never been for the fenced hunts of any game.

Earl

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 am
King of Spring

Well to me people can spend their money on whatever they like. If you want to think you are a man by shooting a large deer tied to a tree, okay. Money talks.

To me the bigger issue with farmed deer is the spread of disease. CWD was isolated west of the Mississippi until deer farmers brought the deer with CWD east of the river. That is how we got it in WV and possibly VA and MD. I think that is how it got to Wisconsin too. We seem to keep doing these things to ourselves and there are no repercussions. Take the SnakeHead fish. That guy purposely released that fish into a pond near the Potomac. He knew they fish was what it was, yet I don't even think he got fined. Boa Constricters in the everglades, etc....

Sorry, got sidebarred. When is this madness going to stop?

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am
2 Year Old

Not my style of hunting

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm
Longbeard

Well first i would like to start out saying i have shot and seen VERY wild bucks with holes in there ears believed to come from fighting. second we rescued a doe from a bad mud hole years back while working cows. we wanted to mark this doe so we would know if she survived. all we had was a cow tag. so we punched the tag in. i have recently seen this doe with tag missing and a clear hole. so lets not jump to conclusions not knowing what really happened. but my opinion on fenced in deer goes like this. If somebody wants to pay money to shoot a buck like that than so be it. Im not gonna judge somebody for the way they spend there money. i would defiently take the opportunity if given. my wife has actually talked about getting me a trip.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 pm
King of Spring

Id rather kill a spike or a doe in the wild than have to pay to hunt the fenced in areas to kill a big buck!

Doug

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm
King of Spring

Doug wrote:
Id rather kill a spike or a doe in the wild than have to pay to hunt the fenced in areas to kill a big buck!

Doug

I'll have to agree with Doug on this one!

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:51 pm
Longbeard

I agree with Doug, also.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:49 pm