View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:34 am

scouting in bedford county 
Longbeard

Post scouting in bedford county
I have had some days off recently and took my week vacation so I decided to scout most of that time. I hunt 2 farms. The first farm is my landlords farm which is where my house is. This farm is about 350 acres. The second farm I hunt is about 5 miles from my house. That farm is about 400 acres. Both farms are bordered by a local small river called goose creek. I have found some decent sheds but nothing huge. I did sit in on the farms a lot and watched several does. The farm that's 5 miles from my house has a big buck that I saw several times last year. I seen him a couple days ago and he is even bigger. From what I saw he is probably in the 175-180 class. I failed to bring my camera so I missed him. The farm at my house has produced some nice bucks. Several days I have filmed a pack of 6 bucks. 3 decent young 6 pointers 2 decent 7 pointers. And a 130-145 class 8 pointer annd a dominant 9 pointer. I will get videos up as soon as my wife shows me how. Have anyone else gotten the chance to get out and scout any?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 am