View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:30 am

Sub divisions?? 
King of Spring

Post Sub divisions??
I have a question i'm not sure how many of you hunt near or in city's or sub-divisions but the area i'm living in is loaded with deer. Now i went an spoke to the homeowners association an they said if you owned your own lot it was cool to shoot 'em with a bow. Now most lots are 2plus acres some are 5an more my cloeses house i can see threw the trees maybe 200yrds away. What would be some ethical tips say i do shoot one and runs to someone's yard or property, alot of people in here seem to make them out as pets. I woke up yesterday an a big 10pntr standing 20yrds from my porch an was feeding around for about 5mins :shock: I seen somewhere especailly in No.Va. you may have to take course with hunting in city limits or populated area's??

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:01 am
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Post Re: Sub divisions??
out of sight out of mind, as long as your not doing anything illegal. just make sure you wait on that perfect broadside shot so they dont get too far after you shoot them

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Sub divisions??
Use broadheads with large cutting area, Rage, NAP bloodrunners, Grim Reaper, etc... Might want to talk to neighbors up front about crossing their land to track a deer.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 am