View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:32 pm

deer meat recipe's ????? 
Longbeard

Post deer meat recipe's ?????
I have a ton of deer meat from last season's scores and a very small freezer.. lol. i am needing to get it eaten up and had a couple ideas in mind to cook for my family... does anybody know any good recipe's for venison meat loaf and meatballs!! anybody's help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:18 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

I eat a lot of deer meat (almost out at the moment) and I keep it prettysimple. I either marinate it in any of a number of store bought marinades and then broil it in the oven, or cook it on the Foreman grill after using Lysanders dry rub on it, which you can get a krogers. Or in the summer I'll use the lysanders and cook it on an outside grill.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Post Deer recipes
My hunting buddies and I eat a ton of it. As a matter of fact we make sure we fill our tags so we can have "taco night" every Thursday. But if you're looking at a variety of different ways to cook venison, check out www.justgamerecipes.com...you'll find everything under the sun. I'm talking from crow, opposum, deer, alligator...the whole kit and kaboodle! Fun eats and good times![/b]

Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:15 am
King of Spring

I have quite a few that I use regularly, but this one I cooked up the other night and it came out wonderful so I thought I would share it:

Slice either a roast or tenderloin in thin slices. Dredge each slice in flour or seasoned flour and then brown on both sides in an electric skillet. I like to use the electric skillet because I can control the tempature more consistently. Once you've browned the meat, drain the oil and any residual fat if there is any. Add a package of beef stew mix ( located where the packaged spices and gravy are in any store) and water according to the mix directions. Let the meat simmer on low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours with the lid on the skillet. Add the vegetables that you like and turn up the heat to medium until the vegatables are done. I typically add potatoes, carrots, an onion and sometimes alittle celery. Once the vegetables are done, the dish is ready. You can eat as is or serve over a bed of rice. The key to this whole dish is the browning of the venison to lock in the juices and then the slow cooking in the beef stew mix.

Tue May 03, 2005 4:00 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

that sounds gooooooodd!!

i typically beat the tenderloin down till its really wide and thin.. and then use season flour and fry it up... which is always a delight.. infact i just cooked it for my wife last week at the beach.. some good stuff let me tell ya... but i like your idea!!. i am gonna try that!!..

infact.. everybody's ideas are great!!

thanks very much!

Tue May 03, 2005 4:06 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

No need to beat the tenderloin down. It's tender enough as is. Just slice it thin. If you really think it needs to be tenderized, buy some seasoned meat tenderizor and sprinkle it over the meat and refridgerate overnight. Some times I take a fork and push some of the tenderizer down into the meat too. Mostly, with tenderloin it's not necessary. A variation of this recipe is to cut the slices alittle thicker, say 3/8" thick. Dredge in seasoned flour and brown evenly on both sides in hot oil. Once done, put one can of condensed mushroom soup, one can of condensed chicken soup and three cans of water into a crockpot. Stir well and add the meat. Cook on Low 4-6 hours. Comes out pretty good too! This method will make those less tender cuts melt in your mouth. If you haven't already done so, go to the Hunters for the Hungry website and order one of their cookbooks. Best thing I ever did. Gave me all kinds of ideas.

Wed May 04, 2005 8:31 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

I just made some venison meatloaf the other night. Turned out great!!! I'll try and remember to copy the recipie tonight and bring it to work. If I tried to do it from memory I would goof up for sure :lol:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

i'm marinating some meat now to make some jerky!!

i cant wait to see how it turns out!..

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:24 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Venison Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds venison
1 Cup of milk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 clove of garlic, finley chopped
1 large egg
3 slices of bread, torn into small pieces
1 small onion chopped
1/2 cup ketchup

- Preheat oven to 350 *
- Mix all ingredients except ketchup.
- Spread mixture into loaf pan.
- Spread ketchup over top.
- Bake uncovered approximately 1 hour. (I use a digital thermometer and cook the meat loaf until it reaches 155*, then let it rest until it reaches 160*)

Now for a secret for excellent meatloaf. I bought one of these meatloaf pans with an insert the other year. I bought mine at the outlet mall in Ft. Chiswell. It really makes an excellent meatloaf. The insert allows the grease to drain to the bottom and leaves the meat nice tender and juicy :wink:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/BettyStore/ ... Newsletter

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:11 pm
Profile WWW