View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:26 pm

Wannabe Thief 
Boss Gobbler

Post Wannabe Thief
My wife and I went to pull some of my cams from the national forest the other day. When I walked up to the first cam I noticed something strange. Something/someone had untied the tag end of my python cable lock. I started to tie these extra tight after having a bear chew on one. When we got closer I noticed that someone had pulled a very tight stick out from behind the bear safe, breaking it in half in the attempt to loosen the bear safe.

Now if attempting to steal a mans property is not bad enough, try doing it on Christmas Eve

messing with the stick and lock

Trying to hide some fingerprints??

Let's walk back to my blue Toyota pick up truck and maybe come back later?

The camera he was trying to steal was a Spypoint IR-6 in Custom 1 bear safe.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: Wannabe Thief
That's why I bought a security box and cable for mine! The nerve of some people!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:41 pm
King of Spring

I got a new cam for Christmas and definately need to get a cable and box for it. I hang it on my property but last year a trespasser picked up my old cam messed around, but put it back. Got lucky I guess.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Neil,

I highly recommend Custom 1. These things are tanks! 11 gauge steel and custom fit covers. Chuck has been a pleasure to deal with over the last two years. His prices include shipping and he ships fast.

http://www.custom1enterprises.com/

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:17 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

This kind of crap really, really BOILS my blood. If it's not yours, LEAVE IT ALONE! I don't usually believe in pursuing altercations, but if I run into the Blue Toyota at that spot, well, I might have just think differently than in the past. Especially if I see him wearing his purse!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

I geuss it don't matter the age a thief is a thief and a outlaw is a outlaw, people steal cheat an lie, POACHERS!! :x

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Just my opinion only but I would make a copy, tape them to his windsheild of his truck and steal all 4 tires and leave it sitting on cinderblocks or cut em and leave him stranded. or I'd pour sugar down his gas tank... crush up spark plugs and throw it on his windsheild. or just let it go and god will handle it. vengence is mine sayath the lord and i will repay.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Next time I see his truck he will have these photos put under his windshield so he knows that I know who he is :smt003

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Hokieman wrote:
Just my opinion only but I would make a copy, tape them to his windsheild of his truck and steal all 4 tires and leave it sitting on cinderblocks or cut em and leave him stranded. or I'd pour sugar down his gas tank... crush up spark plugs and throw it on his windsheild. or just let it go and god will handle it. vengence is mine sayath the lord and i will repay.

LOL.... :shock:

i hunt alot of n/f land and i'm glad i have a red Toyota pick up truck and not a blue one

brian

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:09 pm
Longbeard

Man people like to steal. No one wants to work and everyone wants it free :x

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:48 pm
King of Spring

Roy S wrote:
Man people like to steal. No one wants to work and everyone wants it free :x

Why you go to bring Obama and his staff into it ? ....lol

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 pm
King of Spring

Too bad you didn't get the money shot of him. A full frontal would have been nice. At least you know your box works even against big ugly gray haired bears. I haven't had an issue where I am, but you never know when. Glad his attempts failed. Where there any goods pics?

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 am
Boss Gobbler

Most pics were of his thigh and chest. Best photos were him walking away.

This is the first time someone has messed with my cameras, consider myself very lucky.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

i had a guy ask me if i had a trail cam up in an area and i told him i did and he replied that i probably had pictures of him on it but he said he didn't mess with it. and i actually did not have a single photo of him on it. he said he saw it checking out the rubs he noticed. there are honest people out there!

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 pm
King of Spring

When I find one I stand in front and wave. I bet a few camera owners have had a good laugh over the years.

What is he hunting without orange on? Does VA have an orange law?

Your eye in the Northeast sky
Coalman's Online Blog http://coalmansblog.com

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 am
Profile WWW