View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:23 am

nuthin!!!! 
King of Spring

Post nuthin!!!!
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my opener wasn't the best opener. Lol, I never even saw a flicker of a whiteyail, I mean all day long, with the exception of driving to another property. Two counties and NO deer. Heck, I hardly saw any fresh sign, a bit disheartening, but I will be back at it tomorrow. Hopefully they will be on the move in the morning. Good luck to all of you guys .

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 am
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: nuthin!!!!
I had a good day with not shots fired. Saw three bucks, all needing another year or two. Headed back out tomorrow, good luck!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Saw nothing yesterday morning, took my son back out yesterday afternoon and he was able to get his first shot ever at a deer w/ his crossbow but I misjudged the distance (couldn't use my range finder cause I was helping him steady the crossbow) and he ended up shooting right underneath her. He was shakin' like a leaf! I ended up killing one the other does with my muzzleloader about 15 minutes later. After we drug it back to the blind he asked if we could sit a little longer and we had one more doe come in to about 65 yards but he was too nervous to try to take a shot with my muzzleloader. He had a great time and now I think he is officially hooked! :D He can't wait to go next Sat.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 pm
Longbeard

Misery loves company, didn't see anything Friday afternoon or all day Saturday. This morning I went out to check my trail camera an saw a small 1 1/2 old 3 point chasing two does,so maybe the rut is getting close. I've heard people say it is good hunting in the wind, but I've never had any luck with it.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:28 pm