View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

need help with my bow 
2 Year Old

Post need help with my bow
I bought a Parker Ultralite31 last year.I had been using an old pse.I hunted with it this year and killed deer but i dont feel it shoots as flat as it should.My draw length is 27 and i shoot 70 pounds.I shoot Beeman 400 carbon arrows with 100 grain tips.It drops 6-8 inches beetween 10-20 yards and my pse done this good with aluminum arrows and less weight.Any help would be appreciated.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:04 pm
King of Spring

WHat kind of fletchings are you shooting? Vanes, Feathers, size? I would guess that you are getting about 240-260fps out of your setup. I shot a Parker hunter mag drawing 28.5'@70 lb with 80% let off. With 400 easton Axis shafts ,4" quickspins, and 100gr Crimson raptors. I also have some shafts fletched witht he new bohning 2.5" vanes .. with the quickspins i get about 4" drop from 20-30yd... the 2.5" drop about 1".. Off the bow with a risier chrony I get an avg of 255fps with the quickspins.. I get about 270 with the Bohning 2.5". I have not been that impressed with the quick spin fletchings. they do create more arrow spin by using weighted bumps to cause a directional drag on each vane but rob arrow speed in doing so. I have learned fast the the vanes are ALL important in just about every aspect of the flight of the arrow. Have you papertuned your setup. A bow that is not tuned perfect will do some dumb stuff too.... I had to spend alot of time in a fast learning curve this spring with my parker after fighting it to get 6" groups with broadheads @30yd last yr. I am thankful to say the shoots lots better now. Aint nothing worse than bow trouble!..keep us posted on it!

Max

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

I am shooting 3 four inch vanes and my bow shoots real good, its just at 30 yards my 20 yard pin is way over the deers back and it makes it kind of tight judging distance.I asked wayne down at grizzly archery and he said as far as tuning that was as good as he could do.I was thinking about taking it to webbs in lynchburg if i dont figure something out. thanks

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:40 pm
King of Spring

Wayne is better than most setting up a bow. I doubt that is the proplem if he did it. Have you ever put in on a chrony? I looked at mine a few min ago there is about 1/4" (roughly) between my 20 & 30yd pin. Have you eighted your entire arrow and compared it to your old ones? Curious to the weight difference.

Max

Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

RH, If you are using a peep sight I have noticed that people who have the peep further from the nock than needed, have to have bigger gaps between their pins. Im not really sure of the reasoning its just something I have noticed . I use to place the peep closer to the nock just for keeping the pins closer. But as time passed I just place it were it was most comfortable. Just make sure that you put the nock to the corner of your mouth and place the peep where it lines up with your eye. Like I said Im not sure of the reasoning but I have noticed this.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:25 am
Jake

Post Beeman Arrows
This isn't the question that you asked, but the Beeman caught my attention. Aren't these the ones that have been prone to shattering?

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:43 am
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

I really do need to put it on a chrony, I guess that would give me a better idea of what is going on.I'll have plenty of time to fool with it after saturday anyway.Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:51 pm