View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 am

deer season recap 
2 Year Old

Post deer season recap
So i have had the best deer season of my life so far by bagging three bucks in two different states with some special ones to.

I killed my first buck with my bow in pa in three hunts with my pap on the first night it was raining and pretty miserable we saw some deer but nothing close though,the second night we saw a gigantic buck and he came into 50 yds but that just a little out of range for my compound,i have never shaked :D so bad in my life,the third hunt was fun we had two fawns in front of use for about an hour and a half until they moved on then at 6:45 two bucks came walking out of the woods the one i shot got close but the other one stayed back when he turned broadside at 23 yds i let the arrow fly with a direct heart shot he ran about 75 yds and died this was the first buck i have ever shot with my bow.

my second buck was on md youth day and this hunt was hard for me because i had messed up my knee in football and could not walk that good so it took me a minute to get to the blind,when we got there and sat down nothing had happened until about 4:45 and this buck stood up and starts coming down a tree line towards us i thought he would come straight at us but then he turend to walk in the woods so i pulled the trigger and i saw nothing my dad saw nothing so we waited and got out and headed his way in our gator and he was dead about 30 yds in the woods, this buck was really cool because it was the first buck with my dad

on the last day of rifle after my knee had gotten better and i could climb a tree stand so we got in the stand and waited for about 30 mins when a fawn came out and stood there and ate,about 20 minutes later a bunch of does walked out and then this spike they where a spot where we couldn't see that well so my dad got down and crawled about 10 feet to get a shot and couldn't so he said if i can see one shoot and i did this spike dropped and was a direct heart shot from 120 which was a hard shot, more meat for the freezer

wild bill :smt006

Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:09 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: deer season recap
Wild Bill makes a good pack mule too, i've seen him drag coons, two at a time, hundreds of yards :D

Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:12 pm
2 Year Old

Its a free workout :D

Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:43 pm
Jake

As wild bill's father, I will only say this. This boy can shoot. The first buck he killed with me on youth day was a legitimate 180 yard shot with his 6.5 creedmoor with our handloads. The second buck was over a hundred yards away. I'm a proud Daddy. congratulations boy! now its time to focus on trapping and then spring gobblers.

Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:45 pm
King of Spring

Nice

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:43 pm