View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Prince William County 8 pt 10-12-18 
Longbeard

Post Prince William County 8 pt 10-12-18
Hunted yesterday evening while this cold front rolled in and the deer were moving. In total saw 3 bucks and a doe with 2 yearlings. This guy decided to take a well used trial and ended up at 20 yards broadside.
[url][URL=http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/booth21/media/EBB62997-9CC9-4C39-ACDD-2A2EBE3238A1.jpeg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Prince William County 8 pt 10-12-18
Very nice. I like that one G3 on the right beam. He must of damaged it on something while forming. Up in this neck of the woods the bucks are starting to mix it up a bit. Several have said they saw some pretty good fights. Did your deer just go past or did you call them? I am starting to carry rattling antlers and a grunt tube.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:33 am
Longbeard

Vic wrote:
Very nice. I like that one G3 on the right beam. He must of damaged it on something while forming. Up in this neck of the woods the bucks are starting to mix it up a bit. Several have said they saw some pretty good fights. Did your deer just go past or did you call them? I am starting to carry rattling antlers and a grunt tube.

No he was was feeding on white oaks and heading towards a bean field. There were 2 smaller bucks that came by about 10 minutes before him

Vic

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 am
King of Spring

Hey, wait a minute, that does not look like a turkey. Congratulations on a nice deer. And not a bad shot either. Yesterday while looking for turkey at the Q I seen 6 small rack bucks out running around and a lot of fresh scrapes opening up. Yea I believe that little cool snap put them in a higher gear.

Oh and give Bill Campbell a hard time he missed a bear on base the other day. That makes 2 bears shot at and missed so far.

See you at the wounded warrior hunt this weekend.

Earl

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 am
Longbeard

Greyghost wrote:
Hey, wait a minute, that does not look like a turkey. Congratulations on a nice deer. And not a bad shot either. Yesterday while looking for turkey at the Q I seen 6 small rack bucks out running around and a lot of fresh scrapes opening up. Yea I believe that little cool snap put them in a higher gear.

Oh and give Bill Campbell a hard time he missed a bear on base the other day. That makes 2 bears shot at and missed so far.

See you at the wounded warrior hunt this weekend.

Earl

Yea I hunted a property in King George Sunday morning and found 10 fresh opened up scrapes. A lot of white oaks still dropping also.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 pm