View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am

Fall 
King of Spring

Post Fall
I've been thinking about fall food plots and getting stands ready for the coming season. Have a few trails to clear and blinds to assemble. I have time, but qualifications to hunt on Aberdeen start a week from now.

It's starting!
Vic

Anyone else feeling it?

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 am
King of Spring

Post Re: Fall
Yep.. getting closer..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:55 pm
King of Spring

Looking good! That one in the background is already a half rack? Odd.
Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:51 am
King of Spring

Big Six Point.. I have better pics.. it looks broke off.. He is the most mature looking of any of them.. but gonna pass him if I see him. Doubt the others I share it with will though.. or the dog club next door, but to each their own.. a trophy is everyone's personal choice.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm
King of Spring

I am feeling it Vic and WVBOY, :D Sorry just had to.

Seeing a lot of deer this year on Quantico. Hopefully will be a good one as the last 3 years have been the worst recorded harvests on base.

WVBOY, do you remember the big 6 pointers that came out of 10C in the past. Well that area is still producing them.

Earl

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 am
King of Spring

GG,

Already have my plans to fall hunt in WV. The bonus, my son can youth hunt deer that Saturday. Maybe we'll get lucky and get some deer and turkey on the ground.

Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:16 pm
King of Spring

Earl,

I never Deer Hunted on the Q .. only Turkey .. I used to admire all the Polaroids at the Check station though.. I went to go one time and got turned away so I never went back for Deer..

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 am
King of Spring

Was back in WV this weekend and my son and I helped clear several blinds shooting lanes, cleared an area for a new popup blind, and opened trails for 4 wheelers. Yea baby, getting closer. Now I have to do some work around the farm I hunt up here. Also have to get my permits for hunting APG. I have been getting some great reports on deer up here this year. One friend said he is tracking 3 booner class bucks on APG. Seeing lots of does with 2 fawns, good year a coming.
Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:29 am
King of Spring

Vic, you made me tired reading about all the work you did over the weekend. Glad to hear everything is shaping up for you and your son for the season.
I remember when I was young that my father and 2 of his friends hunted APG they took a couple 160 class deer off of there. There is a Marine here at the Q that hunts there and he showed me a couple trail cam pics of deer from last year and I bet the one may have been a booner. Do they still make you hunt from designated stands or can you place your own stand there now?
The weather is getting here now, having to wear a sweat shirt on the front porch this morning to smoke my cigar.
Best to you!

Earl

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:52 am
King of Spring

GG,
For archery and upland game/turkey, you sign into an area and hunt anywhere you want in that area. For gun hunting deer you do have specific stands you have to hunt. There are a lot of them but once you get a stand you have to stay within 50 yards of that stand and have a field of fire.

What do you expect when you are on a post run by engineers and scientists? Some of the rules are stupid, but the hunting is pretty good and with my son, it is the safest place for him to hunt in the state.

I feeling the cold too, yea baby!
Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:51 am