View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 am

Garmin Astro 320 
2 Year Old

Post Garmin Astro 320
Everyone said this is the best model. It does lack complete directions and took a few calls to the factory in the beginning. Left it on by mistake overnight and the next day the expensive AA lithium batteries (which nothing warns you to buy ahead of time) were 3/4 dead. But after turning it off, the next day they were back up to full power. Much better than alkaline batteries. City Navigator and Birdseye Satellite Imagery make it better yet. A really nice unit, but I only know how to use about 1/50 of it's capability. I'm running Lucky in big farm fields this summer, where there're no deer or turkeys to chase, or she can get too close to roads. It's reassuring when she goes over the hill, to still know where she is. If you've learned how to use some of its cool features, tell us novices?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Post Re: Garmin Astro 320
Hi Jon,

Good to see that you are set up on one of my favorite turkey hunting forums. Just got the Astro 320 yesterday. I plan on using it when hunting Quantico and the National Forest. I probably will not be able to add much to your learning curve - but I am hoping some young, tech savy hunters will be able to show us how to get atleast 30% of the ability out of the GPS.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:10 pm
2 Year Old

Post Re: Garmin Astro 320
Hi Jeff, good to see you here. I can't add much yet to the garmin, other than do all the battery saving setup you can, because it goes through the expensive lithiums. One thing that'd be nice to do is copy, print or share the track the dog makes. I've seen people do it with other garmin products, sharing the jogging or bicycle tour they took (recorded on the garmin wristwatch). But if we can do it, I haven't found out how. If anyone knows how, let us know? The other week Lucky did ~5.6 miles, all within ~300 acres, wish I could show you that.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 pm
Profile WWW