View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Raw feeding, anyone else? 
Poult

Post Raw feeding, anyone else?
I've been raw feeding my mixed-breed turkey dog with, what I think, are great results. My part WPG/ Saint Bernard has had no allergy, skin, stomach or health issues. She maintains a healthy weight with more energy than I have! Her diet consists of raw chicken, deer, beef scraps, entrails and game leftovers. With a little planning its really not a hassle. Any one else have any experience with raw feeding and your thoughts?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 pm
2 Year Old

Post Re: Raw feeding, anyone else?
If that agrees with your dog, that's what counts. I was trying that but the puppy's stomach only seems to like the bland cheap dogfood. Do you include any vegetables or rice? I do feed turkey necks as a treat occassionally, helps to keep their teeth clean too.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

I feed chesnut mtn feed blue bag 24/20

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

I feed Diamond brand dog food. Proformance in the fall/winter while hunting and Chicken and Rice through the summer. Kee-Kee loves the taste and I've never had any problems with allergies or whatnot.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Longbeard

I too feed the Diamond Hi-Energy performance, and in the winter until I run out I supplement with raw ground venison scraps leftover from when I butcher the 3 or 4 deer I get each year. My German Shorthair Pointer loves it and it seems to keep her healthy. There is a lady in North Carolina (Kathy Case - Whiskey Creek Kennels) who breeds and shows Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and feeds exclusively raw meat diets with great results.
I'm happy to have the turkey dog hunters on here to stir up some new topics. I love all hunting, but it's truly hard to beat the sight on a crisp fall day of your favorite turkey dog chomping at the tails of a busted flock of turkeys. And after that when they sometimes come sprinting back to you on a string is just icing on the cake. Is it October yet?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 pm