View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:55 am

Introducing "PURE TURKEY CALLS"... 
Boss Gobbler

Post Introducing "PURE TURKEY CALLS"...
After the success of our first "Pure Turkey DVD" last year we've decided to up the ante this year and start offering a series of mouth calls.

The new website is: http://www.pureturkeycalls.com

A lot of you will recognize a few of the names and styles of the calls from BTD... but we've changed some of calls and the names, and introduced a new call... "Ol' Three Toes"

For a limited time I'm offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders just for the VA Turkey.com family.

If you have any questions about the calls you can email me @ freddy@pureturkeycalls.com

In years past we've always done a fundraiser for VA Turkey.com... Well, this is the fundraiser for this this year. Provided this season goes well, we might begin to offer some additional calls next year. Also, I still have a few DVD's left and you can purchase those on the new website as well.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your continued support!

I would also like to thank each of you for participating in the "name the call" thread we had. I used a couple of those names (with permission) and would like to thank those that let me use the names!

Freddy McGuire
VA Turkey.com and Pure Turkey Calls

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: Introducing "PURE TURKEY CALLS"...
Guys you wanted to know where you could get the old BTD mouth calls at..Now you know... Enjoy and support Freddy !

Max

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

just placed a order

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm
Poult

Me too!!

When do the friction calls come out???

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm
King of Spring

I haven't never really found a mouth call i can use they all ways tickle the tip of my tongue.. Do you have and suggestions on a starter call?? single,double or triple reed??

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

bb84... If it's tickling the end of your tongue you are probably doing one of two things... not getting the call back far enough in your mouth or not sliding your tongue far enough forward. You can get much more consistent calls by using the "fat" part of your tongue. Once you get comfortable you can slide your tongue around to get different sounds/etc. but try using the meatier part of your tongue and let the reeds on the call do the work for you.

Of the calls we are offering right now, the Green Reaper or Ol' Three Toes would probably be your best bet to get started as they don't take a lot of air to get a good sound.

Hope this helps...

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I had a lot of success with the old BTD spanish flydown, I honestly never liked the sound of it to my own ears but the birds loved it. Are any of these similar or exact copies of that call? And when we place our order online, how will you know we are part of the family for the free shipping?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 am
King of Spring

Just bought a couple. Hope to tag something this year.

When is Pure Turkey 2 coming out?

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am
Longbeard

Freddy,

It might be helpful to have a sound byte by each call. I often hear calling on video and wonder what call was being used.

2gbl

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am
Boss Gobbler

Bigmeat... the spanish flydown is now called "Last Call". I haven't introduced the website to anyone else yet, so there is no shipping on my PayPal cart. After the intro period I'll probably go to $5.50 on each call to cover the shipping. Thanks for asking!

DBLGBL... Good suggestion! I had a discussion with someone the other day about that very thing and the geneal concensus was that everyone blows a mouth call differently and every person can produce a different sound because of palate size, tongue position, amount of air, etc. I'll see if I can do some recordings and see how they work.

Vic... I've got to get some more hunts on film... I didn't carry a camera last spring, so I'm behind! :-) We'll see... I've got something in the works.

Thanks everyone!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Can I get tube calls in Green Reaper and Ol' Three Toes?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:37 pm
King of Spring

Just placed my order! I can't wait to try them out

Ryan

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm
2 Year Old

Just placed order ol three toes and a yellow yelper glad to see the calls are back loved those btd's

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm
King of Spring

I just received my calls today the ole three toes seems to be the best suited for me being a beginer in mouth calls, the green reaper sounds good to but it's got and old raspy hen sound where the other is like a younger sounding hen to me at least. Really will enjoy using them this year you never can tell what hen sound a ole tom will like to hear each bird seems to have his own personality!!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 pm
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Thanks for the orders guys... Keep them coming!

As some of you know we had a little trouble with the tape on the new calls, but things are progressing along and I'll be shipping some of the orders I emailed a few of you about.

Thanks everyone and hope to see some mouth calls with some dead turkeys this spring!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile WWW