View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Semi guided hunts and public land. 
Poult

Post Semi guided hunts and public land.
Hello, names Tanner and I'm from Pennsylvania. Each spring before the NY and PA openers I like to travel down south to chase birds. Last year I hunted TN with the wife, but with steep cost of tags I've been looking into VA or NC this year. I've been doing a lot of research on public land in both VA and NC to determine the areas I'd like to hunt. I would also be interested in a semi guided hunt that wouldn't break the bank. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:25 pm
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: Semi guided hunts and public land.
Which part of PA? I spend asome time up there with work. Welcome to Va Turkey! :mrgreen:

I would suggest looking at the George Washington national forest and the Jefferson national forests, both are in Virginia. Lots of room to,stretch the legs and find a bird. Also lots of room to park a tent.

I hunt the Jefferson in quite a few counties in south west Virginia.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

Thanks for the reply! I'm from Williamsport,PA. I'll have to check the area out!

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 pm
King of Spring

May want to offer up a hunt swap if you have the means.. you would probably get someone willing to swap some good private land if you have some good private land in return.. PA is in later than us .. I know I would be interested :)

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:51 am
Poult

Thanks for all the great information guys! I do have both great land in NY and PA both with great turkey populations. If anyone would be willing, I'd jump on it!

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm
Poult

although this is a few months old post i still want to thank you guys for your reply as it really really helped me a lot. found something new and helpful..

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm