View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:20 pm

Gobbling theory? 
2 Year Old

Post Gobbling theory?
My Dad and I have came to the conclusion on a gobbling theory that we are believing in more and more every year. It's seems to have not failed yet. Let me know what y'all think or if you have seen this happen in your hunting area over the years.

We believe that the better the acorn and food crop is over the winter the better gobblers gobble in the spring. It's seems if we have a mild winter with a lot of food the gobblers raise hell that coming spring. When we have a rough winter with less or hardly any food the gobblers seem to save their energy or something and don't gobble as much. It's like they are wore out from lack of food and energy over the winter and they just don't gobble as well. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Gobbling theory?
Never heard that. If that's the case, I guess we can expect very little gobbling this coming spring.

Last year, I heard very little gobbling in the 4 states I hunted easterns. But if I remember correctly, there was a good mast crop the preceding fall in all those locations.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 am
Profile WWW