View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am

Northern neck clubs 
Poult

Post Northern neck clubs
I was wondering if anyone could recommend or give me the contact numbers for any clubs on the Northern Neck. I'm from across the river in Maryland but my area is getting so built up the turkey hunting is going downhill. Seems like turkeys need bigger blocks of woods to survive than deer that can live in someone's back yard. I still do ok in MD but its just not as fun hunting the same few groups of birds all year. I know there are some dog clubs that lease larger tracks and also have turkey hunting. I have always wanted to try hunting deer over dogs, I used to coon hunt as a kid and really enjoyed it, I miss hearing dogs work. I think Im a pretty easy guy to get along with and I'm not looking to hunt every day, just see some new ground and try a new way of hunting.

So if anyone knows a contact for a decent club in westmoreland, Lancaster, Richmond county areas I sure would appreciate it. I can set you up with some very good goose hunting here in MD to return the favor.

As far as my turkey season, sounds about like most peoples. We had a great hatch but the birds were always henned/ flocked up. Killed a couple just by calling to the hens. Had not had a bird on his own all year until I struck one at 0900 last Friday. Called him down into a creek bottom ( a first for me, it was my only setup option). Only to miss, talk about depressing. I hunted Kansas earlier and had not shot my gun since the flight back even though the guns looked jumbled when we opened the case. The Burris fastfire sight (which I love) had been nocked off by about 10". Lesson learned. Oh yeah the birds in Kansas were terrible henned up also, but they always are out there. Hope everyone finishes the season strong and thanks for any help.

Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 am