View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:29 pm

Bird # 2 for big Jorge 
King of Spring

Post Bird # 2 for big Jorge
Another cloudy foggy morning with little roost gobbling led us to this birg gobbling his head off at 8am this morning in some open oaks. Heard him way off and headed in that direction in hopes of increasing the odds it was really a gobble...Got to a large block of hardwoods and sure nuff it was clear about 250 yards. We eased in the woods and set up in the best opening we could...Cutts and yelping had him gobbling every breath up until 40 yards...He was quiet and we couldn't see him...Do I dare call??? usually no...but with it so wet and low visability..i muffeled out some clucks and purrs...GOBBLE!!!!! as we felt it hit the tree we were against....Pretty soon I could see him sneaking to our left at 20 yards...Jorge finally saw him at 14 steps and ended the show.....In all the excitement of trying to get on his head with his boot........someone :roll: managed to pull out all the tail feathers with his size 13 boot! Anyway nice bird....22 lbs...10.5 in beard......and 1 1/16 and 1 1/8 spurs......

Hardest gobbling bird I called in this season!

Thu May 09, 2013 10:25 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Bird # 2 for big Jorge
Congrats Again !! he's a hoss.

Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

very nice bird The day the hens leave them and are no where to be found at daylight is usually the day they do gobble the hardest INO and also go places and do things they haven't done all season ---. creature has a monster head on it.===congrats to you and B J

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Fri May 10, 2013 8:42 am
King of Spring

Congrats again to you both..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 am