View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:41 pm

Slept In 
King of Spring

Post Slept In
this morning till 0530. Having me a fine cup of coffee. Did not go out and listen before church today, first time not scouting or hunting since the first of March. The preacher will like that, me not going to sleep during the sermon. Glad he is a turkey hunter and just gives me a little extra verse after church consoling.

But now I sit here feeling something is missing, not the wife or even 3 of the grandkids that spent the night, they are all still sleeping. But I feel something pulling at me to get in the truck and drive to the woods.

Does any one else feel guilty taking a day off?

Don't get me wrong, during turkey season when I am home (not scouting or hunting) all the other time is spent with family. Its just no sleep time during that period that folks refer to as sleep depravation.

Earl

Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 am
Longbeard

Post Re: Slept In
I know exaclty what you mean Earl, used my last tag on Tuesday and have been in a funk since.

Sun May 05, 2013 6:38 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

l fee guiity,yes, but l will get over it . l cleaned out the truck, cleaned everything up and called it a good year yesterday. Out of tags in all states where l have an active licence...still woke up on turkey time today to see a steady rain and l was sort of glad that l did not have to get out in it again this year. and yes, l will do the early awake thing for a nother week l suspect. it is a great thing this spring turkey hunting, a highlight for me each year. but it takes its toll on me if l g o at as hard as l usually do.. So having the time to hunt about every day is a good thing and a bad thing for me. The non-gobbling days which l saw so much all over the south this year made it a drag at some points. l always say l am thankful l survived the season, and this year is no exception. Hope you guys in Va have a great end to your season and l suspect the all day hunting will provide some great hunts for you

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 am
King of Spring

Hey the bus leaves here next Saturday for PA and NY. Folks can still get tags, just maybe not the second tag for PA. So all you tagged out hunters there is still early morning head calls and turkey calls to operate this spring yet.

Earl

Sun May 05, 2013 9:02 am
King of Spring

Im with ya man! Was going to Tenn this morning but after 5 weeks of chasing I needed some sleep. Plus the rain and 20-30 mph winds was a good excuse :smt003

Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 pm
King of Spring

Things are just starting to heat up in NH.

No need to put the calls and guns away.

Head north!

Your eye in the Northeast sky
Coalman's Online Blog http://coalmansblog.com

Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile WWW