View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:39 pm

Garden in the ground Virginia on my mind! 
2 Year Old

Post Garden in the ground Virginia on my mind!
My Dad first introduced me to Virginia turkey hunting when I was a freshman in college. I had just completed spring football practice and had missed about all of our spring season. I was down in the dumps when my Dad said let's go to the Va mtns to hunt the first week in May. What an awesome hunt and I was hooked. Over the years we've hunted around wytheville/Pulaski area, Blacksburg, up around sherando lake and several other areas. I have a hankering to make another trip this May. I would like to go to a new area. I am looking for a remote section of the national forest not near a lot of towns or pop centers. It would be just ideal if there's not a town within 30 minutes. I like the big rough mtns where you have remote areas only accessible by foot. Of course i am looking for good turkey numbers. I would appreciate any recommendations. Heck if you don't want me in your area...recommend someone else's ...haha. I will certainly be a resource for anyone wishing to make a trip south prior to the Va season opening in the future.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Re: Garden in the ground Virginia on my mind!
I bet you get some good information. Good luck. For those who do not recognize the name of TP he IS A LONG TIME POSTER so dont be fooled by the small number of posts thst show by his name. I think he reregistered. Thus small number of posts. TP -check pm .

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 pm
2 Year Old

Post Re: Garden in the ground Virginia on my mind!
Hey thanks GN. Sad to admit but the number by my handle represents how many times I've forgotten my password...getting old stinks! Ha! I'm a long time turkey hunter too. I didn't expect a lot of hits on the question posed, but nothing ventured nothing gained as the old adage goes. I used to be afraid to ask permission to hunt but quickly learned that doesn't get you very far. Are you about to get that ugly urge team turned around?

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm