View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:30 pm

another great morning! and there wasnt even a shot fired! 
King of Spring

Post another great morning! and there wasnt even a shot fired!
Ok guys, being to wasn't a kill, I will keep my long long story short!!

I took a young man for his first time turkey hunt this am on his farm in franklin co! One of the prettiest farms I have ever been on, by the way! We get there a little late this morninat about 0610 hours and start heading into the woods this guy says is a pretty good spot! We r goin in blind and through a field with daylight movin fast! Then.... GoBBBLE!!! About 150 yards right off the field up hill from us! We sprint to the top of the hill and get into the woods! I want to get a little closer and got to within 100 yards of him gobbling, hit the crow call and GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!! 2 different gobblers juststarted goin crazy!!!!! I set a hen and jake dekes out and start it off! Guys, these turkeys gobbled at everything! Double triple gobbling!!!! Finally hit the ground on a steep bank in the woods (that I didn't knoe was there) sounded to be goin away! But kept gobbling! Finally I hear them and looked up the hill a little bit and there they r! 2 of them strutting!! They stayed there awhile...gobbling theire fool heads off!! Started breakin to us! Got to about 50 yards, I thought they'd just come on up the field edge, but nope, went into the woods instead! Reappered back where they started and then game over! They weree done! They figured their hen decoy wasn't comin so off they went! I think my buddy could have shot, when they were in the woods, they got to about 40 yards, but he didn't have a great shot... he made the right call!

Ok sory it got long.. it was crazy exciting all before 7 am ...it ended up being 3 gobblers, when they reappered the second time my buddy saw the 3rd, I didn't.... but now to shorten it we mqde 4 moves on them... got really really close a couple times! And the final set up they gobbled like crazy but I think were hung up by somethin... we tried everything..... and then I think they got close when we thought they were further away, and while our guard was slightly down, my buddy moved around to look at me behind him..and all of a sudden.... PUTT PUTT PUTT PUTT...... follwed by a bunch more! We look over and I see 3 big long beards heads and one of their bodies scurrying away...not fast....not terribly spooked..they just didn't like somethin! My buddy could have shot this time for sure..but was unsure if he could... again..he didn't want to risk bad shot... good call again!! .we tried for awhile longer a couple other places...to no avail! At 1100 we called it quits! Awesome morning, and very very close!! Tomorrow mornin I got an idea!!!! And his name is...... Killer B!! And really early set up!! Close by!! What do y'all think!!!!!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: another great morning! and there wasnt even a shot fired
Bring out the B :)

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm