View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:15 am

Can't Wait till Saturday! 
Poult

Post Can't Wait till Saturday!
I have been anticipating on this day for awhile now. Yeah, deer season took the edge off some but it is nothing like opening morning in the turkey woods. I've even changed my sleeping schedule up. College is really hitting me full force now towards the end of the semester and I have a fishing club meeting tomorrow at 9 pm up here at school. 4hrs away from my stand, sucks right? Well I aint missed a first day of deer or turkey season since i was 6 years old hunting with my dad and this aint gonna stop me now. Plan to sleep all day tomorrow till my meeting then pull the famous all nighter tomorrow night through Saturday. Amazing what us hunters will do to kill kill kill. Well now I gotta get my ducks in a row for Saturday morning. I'm twitched in between a rock and a hard place. I have slightly over 16,000 acres I can hunt so finding a turkey aint gonna be the problem it is which turkey to go after. I called up 3 of the 3 last Saturday for youth day that I had my eyes on this year to kill. WELLLLL, I got on the biggest bird first thing to get my brother a shot and got the bird right in off the roost. Well he missed the shot. But my brother gets one later on and I was able to get his friend a bird to come in for him to kill(pics of kills are on another post). Two nice birds. But back to the first bird. MAN!! was he HUUGGEE. We got it on video and the bird was within 20 yards of us. My dad has been hunting 35 plus years and has never laid eyes on a turkey this big. Well into the mid 20s in weight and nice beard 10" plus. The turkey comes in from our side and just a few yards from us and you could see his hooks and man were they nice. I've never noticed spurs on a bird coming in before till that time. He is just abnormally large, in the video he dwarfs the decoys. I want to go after this bird so bad Saturday. But if I was him I would be very shy to calling since I was just shot at a week ago after being called in. He has relocated some what will not show his self on that side of the farm anymore. Dad believes he seen that turkey today though on the other side the farm by him self. Imma jump on this bird Saturday morning first off the roost with my fingers crossed. I might be screwing up but this is a bird of a lifetime and I not gonna wait till he is all henned up to go after him. If daddy lays eyes on him again tomorrow going to his roost alone you can guarantee imma be after him the next morning. Imma try to get this kill on video for sure. If I do I will definitely post it up here. I'll keep ya updated!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:27 am