View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

ANtique Chalkley Turkey Call $$$ 
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post ANtique Chalkley Turkey Call $$$
You folks in Va may want to keep your eyes open for one of these around garage sales and so forth.... made in richmond in the 30's.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 33175&rd=1

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:37 pm
King of Spring

That's the 1st one of those that I have ever seen. I will be on the look out. I go to several estate sales during the sumer.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:16 pm
King of Spring

Looks Interesting GN. I also have never seen one like it, but then I am not on top of the antique call market.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:21 pm
King of Spring

That's cool! I know all to well about ebay and looking for a vintage and/or hard to find turkey call! I was actually able to find an old Roger Latham True Tone box call, made by Penns Woods from the 1960's till around 1980! The man that taught me basically everything I know in the turkey woods, my older brother, has had one for YEARS and has called in numerous gobblers, both for himself and other ppl, including my first 7 spring gobblers! On the 2004 youth day I had an opportunity to "pass on" the tradition as I took his 14 year old son on his very first turkey hunt, and called in a giant 2 year old that he killed in full-strut at 9 steps! Needless to say he's now hooked, but i called that turkey in with his dad's box! Also, 1 of the longbeards I killed this year was called in with the "Roger Latham" True Tone box call that I purchased off ebay! Kinda neat I thought!

Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:27 pm
Poult

Post Re: ANtique Chalkley Turkey Call $$$
I just bought one at a yard sale
Marked "Jackson's Pad 3766"
https://i.imgur.com/Em0ED48.jpg

Sat May 15, 2021 12:42 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

I would guess you made a purchase of a great old call at a bargain price. An Antiques Road Show kind of a buy. Im not even go ing to ask. Congrats

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat May 15, 2021 2:47 pm
King of Spring

Gobblenow wrote:
You folks in Va may want to keep your eyes open for one of these around garage sales and so forth.... made in richmond in the 30's.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 33175&rd=1

I have one still in the box that we found is some of my dad's stuff.

Attachment:
IMG_9839_1.JPG
IMG_9839_1.JPG [ 118.02 KiB | Viewed 1759 times ]

Sat May 15, 2021 3:39 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Barry --- :lol: I should have figured that

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat May 15, 2021 3:53 pm