View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:58 pm

SUNDAY HUNTING ON ITS WAY......... 
King of Spring

Post SUNDAY HUNTING ON ITS WAY.........
For those who might not have heard, a Senate committee today passed a bill that would allow Virginians to hunt on private land and public waters. The vote was 11-4.

This doesn’t mean the bill will sail through the General Assembly. But this is the first time any Sunday hunting bill has gotten even this far.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/wildlife/2012/ ... ting-bill/

Brian :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: SUNDAY HUNTING ON ITS WAY.........
yee haw!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Word is that this bill excludes hunting with Dogs .. so I bet they have a big fight coming from the houndsman .. not sure it that would exclude waterfowl and upland dogs .. but I think it would ..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 am
2 Year Old

Any reasoning why private lands only?!?! First off $$$ wise I bet 99% of out of state license are used on Public Lands. Second off most of all concerns I have ever heard involving Sunday hunting was the fact of land owners wanting a day that they can go out into their property without fear of any hunters??? This would not be an issue for private land owners if it was Public Land?? I think it should be legalized for both Private and Public my opinion. Anyone and everyone walking,fishing,etc in or around hunted lands should wear bright colors and or blaze orange no matter what day. Can never be to safe, even the past years with Sunday's, and private lands. Just like the poor girl at college in Va killed by a Trespasser doing school work on private property. There are people out there that will be breaking the laws no matter what they are!!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:59 pm
King of Spring

So what I read now is that it only excludes Deer Doggers.. so you can upland and Waterfowl and Turkey and coon and bear hunt with dogs but no deer..

I am not sure how I feel about that.. they the VHDA have long stood against sunday hunting but I hate to see the deer doggers singled out ..

My guess on the Private land thing is becuase of all the hikers and bird watchers who go on public land .. they will still have a day to do so without running into hunters.. I think the main driving force for the private land thing is the governers recent statement.. that he would sign a bill if it passed for private land only..

I will still be shocked it this ever passes though..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm
King of Spring

So the govenor tries to split the baby on this....on a polarizing issue like this, most people who care are either or one side or the other....he probably just make everybody angry with him.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Well is'nt this exciting

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 pm
2 Year Old

I personally do not want to hear the report of a shotgun during before or shortly after Sunday School. America is a great Country we as citizens are blessed in as much as having the freedom to make many of our own choices. I do not want to inflame or alienate any other hunter. I could have chose to not to post my opinion but I will enjoy a clear conscience for having spoke my peace. Good hunting to all.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 pm
King of Spring

TAKEAIMst

No offense man, BUT What do yall do about the report of a gun from the guys that practice shootn their guns on sunday during before or shortly after Sunday School :?:

Brian

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 pm
2 Year Old

Brian, No offense taken. I speak only for me. As I stated in my initial post, we are fortunate to live in a country that allows freedom of choice under the law.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:55 pm