View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:21 pm

Is it Spring yet?? 
King of Spring

Post Is it Spring yet??
Now that the deer season is over, I'm ready to focus my attention on more important matters. I'm headin to the gym next week to sign up and work off some this weight that I put on every holiday season. Got two spring huntin trips planned for this coming season, eastern Va, and back to NY. Got to get ready for those. I've seen alot of turkeys this fall. I seen a gang of 12 longbearded gobblers in an area I spring hunt. Ain't been around in a while, I like what Freddy's done with the forum. Hat's off to you. Good to be back. Holler at ya'll later.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:23 pm
King of Spring

Welcome back fullback! Where exactly did you say those tweleve turkeys were?

I like the new forum also. Seems a lot more versatil.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:42 pm
Boss Gobbler

Man I am thinking about the season already too. Just 4 months till VA opens but this year we will hunt Fla on the opener in March so only 3 months!!!!! :D
The last few days of deer season all I could think about was spring hunting!! OF course the warm weather helped the thought!!

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:57 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post seeing a few gobblers around the country side
son and I counted five big gobblers in a flock of thirty biords while we were grouse hunting yesterday, saw another nice bunch of gobblers last week ....seeing tracks and dropings all over on logging roads ...seems to be the time of year when they start to get more obvious from roadsides...

Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:12 am
King of Spring

Is there a way to put some kind of automatic Ticker on here counting down the days to the opener in VA ?? That would be cool..

I have secured two new spots to hunt this spring.. so I have to get out there and do some scouting in March for sure..

Man I wish it was April :) ..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:16 am