View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 pm

things to do before next years season 
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post things to do before next years season
I have made a little list of things to do before next year. I am always worried about losing a key item of equipment, so I am big on acquiring back-ups. I am going to find another intertube cushion seat somewhere..I have not seen them in a couple of years in stores..Anybody got a used one they want to sell? I am going to get a modified mouth call from three-toes...even tho I have to help him out and get he birds in there close for him every once in a while, he has really got something going with one of those diaaphragm calls he has messed with some(which he will not let me see)...haha. I am going to find me some "cheap" hevishot ten guage #6 on closeout somewhere and finally see what they do in the kicks ...if you see any for about $6 a box let me know. I am going to get me a couple more extra "white" strikers from woodhaven and another "special "Cody striker from Bill Zearing to replace the ones I lost again this year.

Wed May 11, 2005 9:32 am
Longbeard

I hope to break down and go ahead and order my Haydel Crow call, as I cannot stand my current crow caller another year and I have really enjoyed hunting crows around waterfowl seasons in the fall/winter recently.

Another striker would be nice.

Wed May 11, 2005 11:20 am
Boss Gobbler

Wed May 11, 2005 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Again, practice more with my diaphram calls until calling comes natural with them. I also want to start to learn to blow a wingbone call. I hope to build a tube call and learn to use it as well. I think diversity will be the key to future hunting successes! GN, I've about worn out my inner tube seat as well.

Wed May 11, 2005 1:14 pm
Profile YIM