View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:37 pm

Monkey High Rise Apartment Burns to Ground 
Longbeard

Post Monkey High Rise Apartment Burns to Ground
Franklin County, Va - An early morning fire has left several monkeys homeless. The fire started at 6:16 am yesterday morning. Fire crews from the surrounding area were called to help put out the blaze, but the 20 story building burned to the ground.

Fire investigators have determined that the fire started from a small explosion. They believe the explosive device was no bigger than a 12 gauge shotgun shell.

Officials were interviewing all witnesses and they described two men dressed in camo, one complaining about his stomach and one saying that he would get into better shape before next hunting season, who were most likely the culprits.

Officials also believe these men may be responsible for the disappearance of a local. Tom Turkey, age 2, was last seen with a friend just before the fire began. The friend, also named Tom, stated that he heard the explosion, fled the scene and hasn't seen his friend since.

In all seriousness, Freddy and I went out yesterday morning trying to evict a monkey. We went to Freddy's honeyhole and heard these two birds gobbling. We hurried to get to the field edge before they did. We beat them with about a minute to spare. When they gobbled, the two gobblers were almost within range and Freddy and I were hugging trees REALLY quick. Fortunately, the birds were just over the top of the ridge, so we could get into position without getting busted. The birds were working to our left and being left handed, I had to move around to keep in front of them. Freddy was purring to help hide the sound of me moving. The birds were walking in the leaves and making more noise than a deer coming through. The gobblers stepped out from around a tree and one got a tattoo from my Browning. The total time from when we set down to when I shot was no more than 2 minutes. Freddy said later that he thought the gobblers were the ones Amy missed earlier in the season. I told him that I would DEFINITELY thank Amy for saving them for me :lol:

Freddy and I got to the bird and I looked at my watch. 6:16 am. Definitely the earliest I've ever killed a gobbler. The bird was a good 2 year old, 20 pounds, 10 inch beard and a 7/8-inch spur on one leg and a broken 5/8-inch spur on the other.

Thanks to Freddy and Amy for everything they did to make an enjoyable hunt that much more fun and enjoyable.

Tue May 10, 2005 9:40 am
Boss Gobbler

Congrats again! That was a fun, quick hunt! Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Scott, glad to see the monkey on the run again. Congrats on staying in the game for the long haul. Glad ol' Three Toes was there to help you give the monkey the boot! The Monkey Busters!

Tue May 10, 2005 10:58 am
Profile YIM
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Tue May 10, 2005 11:19 am
King of Spring

Way to go Longbeard.. I'm happy the Monkey has left the building for you..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Tue May 10, 2005 12:02 pm
King of Spring

What an absolutely beautiful turkey! Congrats :!:

Tue May 10, 2005 12:13 pm
Longbeard

AWESOME, Just shows us that we need to be in the woods early..... Great Job!!!!!!!

Tue May 10, 2005 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Freddy said that after this hunt, he was going to change his name to "the monkey evicter" :lol:

Tue May 10, 2005 3:01 pm
King of Spring

GREAT JOB GUYS...... Congrads Scott!!!...... Ole Three Toes is about as close to a sure thing as there is in turkey woods :lol:

Max

Tue May 10, 2005 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

GOOD JOB.....

Tue May 10, 2005 7:36 pm
King of Spring

Tue May 10, 2005 8:04 pm
King of Spring

Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Congrats again Scott. I told you after you called I heard on the scanner that a large gorilla was loose. Pity the man that has to house this animal..LOL

I am glad that the Monkey evictor is feeling better too.

Wed May 11, 2005 10:38 am
King of Spring

Doug

Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 pm