View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:04 pm

One Lucky Guy 
King of Spring

Post One Lucky Guy
A guy went turkey hunting hunting for the very first time, by himself, on the farm where I live and hunt in KY and shot a nice longbeard. Apparently he heard it gobble and made a few noises on a friction call he bought the other day and it came right up. This same guy shot a decent 8 pointer the second time he went deer hunting. That was last fall; the first time he went was the year before and he shot a forkhorn (you only get one buck here). I guess he's just one lucky guy!

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Couple years ago a buddy of mine who Deer hunts.. had never Turkey hunted decided to give it a try after hearing me go on and on about how much fun it is.. Opening morning he killed a boss gobbler with 1 1/4 inch spurs.. came right in and jumped on his Jake deke.. and told me "This aint as hard as you make it out to be" .. I said talk to me in a couple years and we will see how many you have taken, if you think it's easy I got news for you..

That is still his only bird :)

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:56 am