View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:51 pm

Dang Monkey 
King of Spring

Post Dang Monkey
Me and Criggster hit it again on Friday, it was a little misty but other than that it was warm and did not rain. We split up and he watched one ridge/field and I watch the other. I stopped about 20 yds from field edge and blew the hooter and got a resonse close. I set out my decoy and even setup my blind and got ready. I could hear the hens calling so I tossed my name in the hat and waited. Nothing, I did see three hens fly down and one nearly walked over me, but no Tom. I left the area at about 9:00 after spot calling every so often when some dogs came aruined my setup again. What can be done about dogs running on private property. They have no collers or anything. It is four or five of them looking to be the same age and same litter. n As for Criggster he saw some hens and the dogs ruined it for him also. I think this is the reason the gobbling is so sporatic to none. Any suggestions. Please help me get this monkey off my back. Thanks all

Jon

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:59 am
Longbeard

I hunted with an outfitter last week in southwest VA and we had dogs mess us up twice. One time was when my dad had two birds coming through some thick stuff at around 30-40 yards. They were dogs from a neighboring property that just run free (they use them to run deer in the fall). The outfitter was not happy and you can imagine what's going to happen if the owner doesn't get them under control.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:11 pm
King of Spring

Dogs without collars = wild. Obviously, there could be circumstances, but if my land and collerless unknown dogs....same as yotes.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:39 pm