View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:49 pm

Gobble call 
Poult

Post Gobble call
My old gobble call went belly up. I have had it for over 20 years now and need to get a new one. Saw a few out there which ones have you used with "Proven" success.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:57 pm
Jake

Post call
I think the lack of response to your question should tell you plenty. However, the primos tube call is great in my opinion. It has woken man a gobbler up

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:31 pm
2 Year Old

ive got a shaker tube gobble call(not sure of the brand name)that ive had for probably 12 year or maybe longer,that now sounds like a jake gobbling,great locator call and its caused a few gobbler fights(used along with fighting purrs)....BUT,i always make sure there is no one around me and i have a good backrest before i use it :shock:

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:40 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Definetly the Primos gobble tube! I like the fact that it has a cap which keeps it from making noise while in your vest, or some inopertune moment!

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:44 pm
Poult

I went to Bas Pro shops tonight and picked up the primos. They had a few different ones and that one seemed the best. Over the last 20 years I have not taken many birds over the gobble call but there has been a few including one we took yesterday. Just another trick to keep in the bag. And yea I restrict it to private property hunts.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:25 pm
I gobble on a diaphram. I like the way it sounds and I don't have to carry an extra call to gobble with.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:08 am
Longbeard

I've gotta say that NEVER has a gobble call EVER helped me out. That's not to say that its not logical but in my experience a car door has worked better.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:27 am
Poult

I have had good success with one on birds that get hung up. It has been just the thing to bring them the rest of the way in. I always am sure to be against a big tree so I dont have to watch behind me. You can not be too carefull.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:58 am
King of Spring

I have heard good things from guys about the "Wolf" Brand gobble call . . . I've only seen them advertised online, never in a store. For whatever that's worth . . .

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:40 pm