View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 pm

MY FIRST MORNONG SCOUTING!!!/Aprils Fools to ME! 
Poult

Post MY FIRST MORNONG SCOUTING!!!/Aprils Fools to ME!
This morning my hunting partner and I went out scouting for tommrows youth day. We are taking my pastors son. Well to begin this story 2 days ago I was working on my dog box in the back of my truck with a drill. I hit this piece of something and the drill bit made a high pitch noise. I stopped drilling to see what it was and right when I let off trigger I heard GOOOOBBBLEEE! I looked at the guy that was in my yard with me and said was that a turkey?!?! So i did it again and GOOOBBBBLLLLEEEE. Now to this AM. My hunting partner and I were talking about this and we said we have to see if it is a turkey around here. Well 5:25 and he does a owl call and instantly another gobble, then another. This bird was CLOSE so we left him be. Well we went off looking some other spots and came back to my house. I was getting out of truck with crow call in mouth and blew on it once. GOOOOBBBLLEEE. Same Place! It was just bugging me. So I walk in the woods across the street and here in this Dog pen is a huge turkey gobbling its head off. I have lived at this location for 8 months now and never heard a turkey but season rolls around and the neighbors have one in a pen!!! I think this is a horrible April Fools JOKE!!! Now my scouting report. We went to 5 spots and heard 8 turkeys (excluding the tame one). At one spot we hooted and 3 gobbled at one time. This was a spot which the last 2 years we have heard MAYBE one. Anoter spot 2 gobbled at one time. Over all a Great morning!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Man you got to hate that. You should try to fool the kid with you tomorrow. Sounds like yall have a few to work with. Good LUCK!!

Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:59 pm