View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:38 pm

Custom Made Turkey Calls 
Poult

Post Custom Made Turkey Calls
I make these things on the side to help pay for my hunting trips. I thought yall might enjoy looking at them .

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:47 am
Poult

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:53 am
2 Year Old

They look good. What is the one with the coon bone on it and how does it work?

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:30 pm
Poult

RH~ Thank you sir . This one is a carved whitetail spike buck skull with the antlers removed. The short peg striker has a piece of carved & polished fossilized Alaskan walrus tusk that I inlayed on top. The Long striker is made from a spike which came off of this skull and has a laminated wood cap.

The display piece is made from an elk antler "fork" which I incerted into a piece of RockyMt. Aspen limb that I swiped form a local beaver's lodge... note the chew marks . The coon bone is perminately attached to the elk antler and just used as a hanger for the call .

When I got the idea to use the skull, I really didn't know if it would work. The skull's bone is pretty dense and I wasn't sure if I could get it to vibrate. Most of the carving and holes made in it was not only to have it look different, but to thin out the skull so it would vibrate when played.

Although I made this piece mostly as art project and a collectors call , a person could take the call out into the field(without the display stand!) and call turkeys with it. There is "Turkey" in the slate.... yes, It does work. I have a bunch of other deer skull caps that I'm going to experiment with to make "Field Grade" calls out of.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:16 pm
Poult

Post Re: Custom Made Turkey Calls
When it comes to turkey hunting, having the right call can make all the difference. That's why custom made turkey calls are gaining popularity among hunters. These calls are crafted with precision and tailored to mimic the most authentic turkey sounds, giving hunters a distinct advantage in the field. To Try this out, and you'll notice the difference in how turkeys respond to your calls. Each custom call is designed with care, ensuring optimal performance and reliability when it counts the most. Whether you're a seasoned hunter or just starting out, investing in a custom made turkey call is a decision you won't regret.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 am
Longbeard

Post Re: Custom Made Turkey Calls
Nice looking call. Would like to hear it run.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 am