View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Help! Doing a little informal poll... please respond! 
Post FALL HUNT
HEY GUYS FIRST TIME RESPONDING. mOST OF THE TIME I WOULD NEVER THINK OF WALKING AROUND MY HUNTING AREA STINKIN' UP THE PLACE BEFORE DEER SEASON BUT I HAD THE PLEASURE OF HUNTING WITH A GENTLEMAN FROM LYNCHBURG BY THE NAME OF KIT SHAFER WHO LOVED TO CHASE BIRDS IN THE FALL WITH HIS DOGS. aT ONE TIME KIT WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE TURKEY WORLD. ALTHOUGH IN HIS 80'S NOW HE WAS A GAME BIOLOGIST FOR 40 YEARS, HAD HIS OWN PAGE IN TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING, HAS RELEASED WILD BIRDS IN EVERY COUNTY IN THE STATE AND HAD THREATS AGAINST HIS LIFE WHEN HE SUGGESTED VA'S FIRST SPRING SEASON BACK IN THE 1960'S VA WILDLIFE HAD A 6 PAGE ARTICLE ON HIM A FEW YEARS BACK ENTITLED " THE FATHE ROF VA TURKEY HUNTING

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:35 pm
Longbeard

Freddie I always save my tags for the spring.I love to hear them gobble.What I always have wanted to do is hunt'em with a good dog.I have always had a love for well trained sporting dogs.Never had a chance to go with anyone that had a good turkey dog,It's got to be lots of fun.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 pm
Longbeard

I spring gobbler hunt but haven't really hunted turkeys in the fall-deer season. But if one comes by I wouldn't hesitate to sling an arrow at it.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:16 pm
Spring only. I grew up a waterfowl hunter, so thats what I hunt in the fall.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:57 pm