View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:32 am

Blunt statement 
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Blunt statement
If you enjoyed the board this year and want it to continue, send Freddy a donation check. Every bit helps. It ain't free for him to run this site. Freddy Mcguire, 2208 Chandler Road, Goodview, Virginia 24095

Mon May 15, 2006 9:49 am
King of Spring

Mon May 15, 2006 11:11 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

I also ditto it. The board is not free and the more we use it the more the price goes up.

Besides mailing a check to Freddy to help you can also go to http://www.paypal.com and send a payment via credit card or electronic check to freddym@vaturkey.com

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon May 15, 2006 11:34 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I agree with TScott, Dale, & GN..... we all read it, learn on it, love it. we should all donate to help with its upkeep.
the paypal link is on the main page of the site also.

Max

Mon May 15, 2006 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Be glad to give what i can, can you give us some idea of operating costs and what might be a reasonable contribution. Would like to add that i really enjoy this sight, havent been able to hunt like i used to and this keeps me up to date, plus where i'm living right now there aint many that i can tell my stories to, city folk dont look too kindly on hunting.

Mon May 15, 2006 5:49 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

I think folks have sent cash donations that range from 20 to 100 ...it is your call...My impression is the total of any donations has notcome close to compensating Freddy for the time, effort or the money he has spent to buy upgrades and implement them...Scott and Hody help him moderate the site and I think they receive no compensation at all for that ....you are under no requiremnt to do anything. Some of you may have noticed Freddy sent flowers to a member's funeral, from the board... that came straight out of his pocket. It was the right tthing to do, just like considering a donation is the right thing to do. 2 cts.

Mon May 15, 2006 7:36 pm
Boss Gobbler

GN Amen. Also folks remember the cookout. That would be a great time to pass on a donation as well. I promise if you come to the cookout you will have a good time. We have lots of prizes usually and the food is not bad either.
I challenge you to find a site with more knowledge and better information with a group of folks that are OUTSTANDING. A magazine subscription costs you at least $15-20. That is the least one can do. Just so you know this is not a money making operation. Every cent that is raised goes to the operation of this board, other than flowers or some other sort of situation that may arise.

We will also have some new hats at the cookout available for purchase.

Tue May 16, 2006 7:01 am
King of Spring

Ditto's on all the above! Freddy also has a Pay-Pal account if you wish to contribute in that way. Here is a link to his account. https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business= ... y_code=USD

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Tue May 16, 2006 7:44 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Wed May 17, 2006 8:15 am
King of Spring

I'll certainly bring my donation to the cookout!! It's up to us to make sure the site stays in good shape financially.

Wed May 17, 2006 11:37 pm